Thursday, November 19, 2009

Parsha Toldos, Halacha, Parables, Gog and Magog

Chaya Yachet Elka returned her soul to her maker last week but I received the news too late to send out.

This past week was my mother’s third Yahrzeit since her passing. I dedicate this Drasha to the Memory of Charlotte Jacqueline bas Yosef HaLevi.


This is an updated prayer list for the ill.


Please pray for: Men

Asher ben Malka

Avraham ben Devorah

Aaron Yehoshua ben Chaya Shoshana

Shemayahu Yosef Chaim ben Peshiya Miriam

Ahron Yehuda Lieb en Gittel Feige

Zev ben Miriam

Shalom Charles ben Gracia

Eliyahu ben Rosa

Chaim Pincus ben Yaspa

Zvi Yechezkiel ben Leah

Avraham ben Leah

Aharon Michael ben Leah

Yehuda ben Chava Rivka

Bentzion Michael ben Chaya Zipporiah

Yitchak Moshe ben Shoshana

Eli ben Merel

Yechiel Yehuda Leib ben Spritza

Rafael Chaim Simcha Benyamin ben Devorah Aliza (I received a few fwd fwd about this fellow – I think his name has gone around the world twice or three times)


Women:


Yulia (Julie) bas Naomi Sarah

Keren Neshama bas Esther Ruth

Chaya Melecha Rachel bas Baila Alta

Zviah Simcha bas Devorah Yached

Sarah bas Yehudit

Bryna bas Gina Sarah

Rachel bas Chana

Esther bas Chana

Fiege Rachel bas Taube

Nurit bas Mazel

Bracha Zehava bas Baila Leah

Miriam Rivka bas Adina Leah


Toldos


Esav vs. Yacov and it all started in the womb but catalyzed over food. It is weird that the whole blessing of Avraham which is spiritual is based on two incidents with food and one with a Shidduch. The Medrash stated that when Rivka passed by an idol Cult, she felt the child in her womb kick and when she passed by the Beis Medrash of Shem, she felt a kick in her womb. She was wondering if her child was going to be schizophrenic or go around like Yisro to try out every religion. So she enquired with Shem and was told that she had twins in her womb. Will become mightier than the other kingdom: They will not be equal in greatness; when one rises, the other will fall, and so [Scripture] states (Ezek. 26:2): “I shall become full from the destroyed city.” Tyre became full [gained power] only from the destruction of Jerusalem. — [From Meg. 6a, Pes. 42b] One would be interested in this world and the other in the next – but which one? How would she know? Esav leaves the womb first but Yacov is holding on to him. Rashi says that Yacov’s seed developed first and was deeper in the womb and Esav jumped out to claim the first born right.


We jump ahead to the day that Avraham passed away. Esav is out hunting and Yacov is tending the flocks. And the youths grew up, and Esau was: As long as they were small, they were not recognizable through their deeds, and no one scrutinized them to determine their characters. As soon as they became thirteen years old, this one parted to the houses of study, and that one parted to idol worship. — [From Gen. Rabbah 63:10; Tanchuma, Ki Theze 4] who understood hunting: [He knew how] to trap and to deceive his father with his mouth and ask him, “Father, how do we tithe salt and straw?” His father thereby thought that he was scrupulous in his observance of the commandments (Tanchuma, Toldos 8).

25:27 And the boys grew; and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a quiet man, dwelling in tents. Yacov was a “Tam” in Hebrew meaning plain and simple – what you saw on the outside is what you got on the inside but Esav was the cunning type – what you saw on the outside was different on the inside.


There two personalities at the age of 15 are already formed. Esav on that day kills Nimrod, rapes a betrothed woman, does something with idols, and steals something – that is the pre-Deluge mentality. Yacov on the other hand is trying to comfort Yitzchak after the burial and prepares a mourner’s meal of lentils and beans (something round to symbolize the cycle of life and perhaps reincarnation). Esav comes from field famished but not exactly on his death bed from all his shenanigans. He is truly not about to die but he feels that way so Yacov tests him. Esav has three options 1) To refuse to sell to Yacov and look for other food. 2) To ask to split the first born with is brother or 3) To sell something that was of no value to himself like the blessing of Avraham. 21:12 And God said unto Abraham: 'Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah saith unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall seed be called to thee. Esav had the choice to be part of this but instead Esav goes and gives it up. 25:30. And Esau said to Jacob, "Pour into [me] some of this red, red [pottage], for I am faint"; he was therefore named Edom. Pour into [me]: I will open my mouth, and [you] pour very much into it, as we learned (Shab. 155b):“We may not stuff a camel, etc. [on the Sabbath] but we may put food into its mouth (מַלְעִטִין) .” - [From Gen. Rabbah 63:12] some of this red, red [pottage]: red lentils. And on that day, Abraham died, lest he see Esau, his grandson, falling into bad ways, for that would not be the “good old age” that the Holy One, blessed be He, had promised him. Therefore, the Holy One, blessed be He, shortened his life by five years, for Isaac lived one hundred and eighty years, and this one (Abraham) [lived] one hundred and seventy-five years, and Jacob cooked lentils to feed the mourner (Isaac). But why lentils? Because they are [round as] a wheel, for mourning is like a wheel revolving in the world. (Also, just as lentils have no mouth [no crack], as other beans have, so does the mourner have no mouth, for he is prohibited from speaking. It is therefore the custom to feed the mourner eggs at the beginning of his meal, since they are round, and have no mouth. So too does a mourner have no mouth, as is discussed in Mo’ed Katan (21b): “A mourner, for the entire first three days, may not respond to anyone’s greeting, and may surely not initiate a greeting. From the third day to the seventh, he may respond, but may not greet, etc.” [This is found] in an old [edition of] Rashi.)- [From Gen. Rabbah 63:12, B.B. 16b] 31. And Jacob said, "Sell me as of this day your birthright." your birthright: Since the [sacrificial] service was performed by the firstborn, Jacob said, “This wicked man does not deserve to sacrifice to the Holy One, blessed be He.” - [From Gen. Rabbah 63:13] 32. Esau replied, "Behold, I am going to die; so why do I need this birthright?" Esau replied, “Behold, I am going to die”: (The birthright is something unstable, for the [sacrificial] service will not always be the function of the firstborn, for the tribe of Levi will take it. Furthermore,) said Esau [to Jacob], “What is the nature of this service?” He replied, “There are many prohibitions and punishments and death penalties involved with it, as we learned (Sanh. 83a): ‘These are the ones who are liable to death: Those [performing the Temple service] who have imbibed wine and those who have not cut their hair.’” He (Esau) said, “Behold, I am going to die because of it (i.e., the birthright); if so, why should I want it?” 33. And Jacob said, "Swear to me as of this day"; so he swore to him, and he sold his birthright to Jacob. . So Esav sells the priesthood of HASHEM to Yacov and also the larger portion in the land of Eretz Yisrael. In fact, Esav has no portion in the land at all! This is the first incident with food.


The second incident is Yitzchak’s desire to bless his oldest son and Yitzchak wanted to do it with the most tasty and pleasurable food so that he would be in a good mood to bless during such a moment. We must remember that Esav was very pedantic on honoring his father to his face; behind his back was a different story. Yacov was a far second in honoring his father. However, Esav had little respect for the Mussar of his mother while Yacov’s test was to listen to her order to take the blessing against the honor that Yacov had for his father.

We had a very long power black out in the Modiin through Modiin Illit area which caused me to fail to complete this theme. I leave you stranded in suspense on how this will earn Yacov the blessing of Avraham and G-D willing I will have this post out before Thanksgiving Day next week. Here is the homework information for next week:


27:1 And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his elder son, and said unto him: 'My son'; and he said unto him: 'Here am I.' 2 And he said: 'Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death. 3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me venison; 4 and make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.' 5 And Rebekah heard when Isaac spoke to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it. 6 And Rebekah spoke unto Jacob her son, saying: 'Behold, I heard thy father speak unto Esau thy brother, saying: 7 Bring me venison, and make me savory food, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death. 8 Now therefore, my son, hearken to my voice according to that which I command thee. 9 Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savory food for thy father, such as he loves; 10 and thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eat, so that he may bless thee before his death.' 11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother: 'Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man. 12 My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a mocker; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing.' 13 And his mother said unto him: 'Upon me be thy curse, my son; only hearken to my voice, and go fetch me them.' 14 And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother; and his mother made savory food, such as his father loved. 15 And Rebekah took the choicest garments of Esau her elder son, which were with her in the house, and put them upon Jacob her younger son. 16 And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck. 17 And she gave the savory food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob. 18 And he came unto his father, and said: 'My father'; and he said: 'Here am I; who art thou, my son?' 19 And Jacob said unto his father: 'I am Esau thy first-born; I have done according as thou bade me. Arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.' 20 And Isaac said unto his son: 'How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son?' And he said: 'Because the LORD thy God sent me good speed.' 21 And Isaac said unto Jacob: 'Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not.' 22 And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said: 'The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau.' 23 And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands; so he blessed him. 24 And he said: 'Art thou my very son Esau?' And he said: 'I am.' 25 And he said: 'Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee.' And he brought it near to him, and he did eat; and he brought him wine, and he drank. 26 And his father Isaac said unto him: 'Come near now, and kiss me, my son.' 27 And he came near, and kissed him. And he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said: See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed. 28 So God give thee of the dew of heaven, and of the fat places of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine. 29 Let peoples serve thee, and nations bow down to thee. Be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee. Cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be every one that blesses thee. 30 And it came to pass, as soon as Isaac had made an end of blessing Jacob, and Jacob was yet scarce gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother came in from his hunting. 31 And he also made savory food, and brought it unto his father; and he said unto his father: 'Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.' 32 And Isaac his father said unto him: 'Who art thou?' And he said: 'I am thy son, thy first-born, Esau.' 33 And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said: 'Who then is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before you came and have blessed him? yea, and he shall be blessed.' 34 When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with an exceeding great and bitter cry, and said unto his father: 'Bless me, even me also, O my father.' 35 And he said: 'Thy brother came with guile, and hath taken away thy blessing.' 36 And he said: 'Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing.' And he said: 'Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?' 37 And Isaac answered and said unto Esau: 'Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him; and what then shall I do for thee, my son?' 38 And Esau said unto his father: 'Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father.' And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. 39 And Isaac his father answered and said unto him: Behold, of the fat places of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and of the dew of heaven from above; 40 And by thy sword shalt thou live, and thou shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt break loose, that thou shalt shake his yoke from off thy neck. 41 And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him. And Esau said in his heart: 'Let the days of mourning for my father be at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.' 42 And the words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah; and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him: 'Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee. 43 Now therefore, my son, hearken to my voice; and arise, flee thou to Laban my brother to Haran; 44 and tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away; 45 until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him; then I will send, and fetch thee from thence; why should I be bereaved of you both in one day?' 46 And Rebekah said to Isaac: 'I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth. If Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these, of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?' ...


29:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him: 'Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. 2 Arise go to Paddan-aram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou may be a congregation of peoples; 4 and give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou may inherit the land of thy sojournings, which God gave unto Abraham.' 5 And Isaac sent away Jacob; and he went to Paddan-aram unto Laban, son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, Jacob's and Esau's mother. 6 Now Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob and sent him away to Paddan-aram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying: 'Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan'; 7 and that Jacob hearkened to his father and his mother, and was gone to Paddan-aram; 8 and Esau saw that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father; 9 so Esau went unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives that he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebaioth, to be his wife.

Suddenly Esav realizes that running around with (non-approved) women does not go over big with his parents. In the meantime he is busy with the creation of Amalek.

Halacha and Mitzvos by Danny Shoemann

Found this post in my in box during fall cleaning and also the Halacha below: It's a Mitzvah to not consider the existence of any other god besides for Hashem. One who – G-d forbid - entertains the existence of other deities, or entertains the existence of Hashem having partners, or considers Idol Worship to have any power, has denied a fundamental concept of Judaism. One may not say or write anything which implies any of the above false possibilities. One must be prepared to die - or lose all ones money - rather than agreeing to any of the above. Applies to everybody, all the time, everywhere. Pasuk: You shall have no other gods besides Him (2nd of the Ten Commandments - Shemos 20:3) Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvot HaKatzar; Negative Mitzvah 8


One may not marry somebody who is not Jewish. Applies to everybody, everywhere, always. Pasuk: "Do not get married with them" (Devarim 7:3) Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvos HaKatzar; Negative Mitzvah 19



One may not do any favors for an idol worshipper. If he's drowning one may not jump in to save him, and if he's sick one may not heal him gratis. If one is paid, then one may. It's forbidden to kill idol worshippers, except during a war. One may not give them free gifts, nor sing their praises. Applies to everybody, everywhere, all the time. Pasuk: "Don't be gracious to them" (Devarim 7:2) Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvot HaKatzar; Negative Mitzvah 20



It's a Mitzvah to not imitate the Goyim. One should not follow their fashions in dress, hair style and shaving. Somebody who needs to dress like them to appear before their royalty may do so. Pasuk: "and in their statutes don't walk" (Vayikra 18:3) Applies to everybody, everywhere, always. Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvot HaKatzar; Negative Mitzvah 21 – Just imagine a Jew who emulates Yishmael like Adam Gdansk or Esav like Bernie Madoff. I rest my case.


It's a Mitzva to read the 3 chapters of the "Shema" twice daily; once in the morning and again at night. The first chapter (Shema) mentions the Mitzvot of Hashem's oneness, loving Hashem and learning Torah. The second chapter (VeHaya) mentions accepting the responsibility of keeping all the Mitzvot. The third chapter (VaYomer - Tzitzit) mentions keeping all the Mitzvot as well as recalling the Exodus from Egypt. Applies to males, everywhere, always. Pasuk: "And speak about it... when you arise in the morning and retire at night." (Devarim 6:7) Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvos HaKatzar; Positive Mitzvah 11


It's a Mitzva to affix a Kosher Mezuzah on all ones door posts. The Mezuzah includes the first 2 chapters of the Shema. Whenever one passes by a Mezuzah one should think about its content; the oneness of Hashem and our obligation to love Him. The result should be an awakening to concentrate on doing Mitzvot and ignore the trivialities of this world. Applies to everybody, everywhere, always. Pasuk: "And write it and affix it to the doors of your home and gates" (Devarim 6:9)
Source: The Chafetz-Chaim's Sefer HaMitzvot HaKatzar; Positive Mitzvah 12


In Israel, starting this Motzei Shabbat (7th Marcheshvan) we start praying for rain in the 9th Bracha of the weekday Amida - Barech-Aleinu - ברך עלינו. In the Diaspora we will start 6 weeks later - on Motzei Shabbat Vayishlach - וישלח. If you forgot to add "ותן טל ומטר לברכה"; "and bless us with dew and rain", then: - If you remember before you finish the 9th Bracha then you insert it and continue from there. - If you already said "Baruch Ata Hashem" of the 9th Bracha then you insert it into Shma-Kolienu - the 16th Bracha - before "Ki Ata". - If you forget to say it in Shma-Kolienu then you need to go back to the 9th Bracha - Barech-Aleinu. - If you didn't remember until you finished the Amida (defined as saying "Yihyu Leratzon") then you have to restart the entire Amida. Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 19:5


One may not write a Pasuk (verse in the Torah) in Hebrew on paper without lines. Some say one should not write mundane things in the special script used for a Sefer Torah. Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 28:12


Some years the Jewish calendar has 12 months, the rest (7 out of 19) are leap years with 13 months. Jewish months alternate between being 29 and 30 days long.
However, the months of Marcheshvan and Kislev sometimes both have 30 days (a full year), sometimes both have 29 days (a missing year) and sometimes follow the regular order with Marcheshvan having 29 days and Kislev 30. As a result, Chanukah (which starts on 25 Kislev and lasts 8 days) sometimes ends on 2 Tevet and sometimes on 3 Tevet. This year is a "full" year; Marcheshvan has 30 days, Kislev has 30 days and Chanukah ends on 2 Tevet. Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 221:4


On Rosh Chodesh one should add Ya'aleh Veyavo during the Amida and Birkat Hamazon. If one forgot to add Ya'aleh Veyavo during the Amida at night one does not need to make amends. During the day one needs to go back to רצה. If one forgot Ya'aleh Veyavo during Birkat Hamazon (during the day or night), and one remembers before starting the last Bracha, one can say: רוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֱלקֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם אֲשֶׁר נָתַן רָאשֵׁי חֳדָשִׁים לְעַמּוֹ יִשְׂרָאֵל לְזִכָּרוֹן If one only realizes after starting the last Bracha, or one does not have the above Bracha handy, one does not need to make amends. Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 19:10, 44:14


Men wear Tefillin (phylacteries) every day during Shacharis (morning prayers) except for Shabbat and Yom Tov. Rosh Chodesh has some aspects of a Yom Tov, yet work is permitted. Tefillin are worn on Rosh Chodesh during Shacharis, Hallel and the Torah reading. They are removed before starting Mussaf.
Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 10:19


If one gets caught in rain on Shabbat one can continue on home even if ones clothes are soaked; however one may not squeeze out the water.
Once one gets home and removes them, one may not hang them up to dry. One may also not dry them by standing near a source a heat while wearing them.
The same applies to clothes that are soaked from sweat. Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 80:35 – This comes from the Av Melacha (39 Av Melachos mistranslated as work) of washing and wringing out garments. We fear this with swimming regarding a swim suit and a towel but are more lenient on the Mikvah using a large dry towel.


Israel the Bar Mitzvah Hall: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3804760,00.html


I usually say, “Bye-bye have a nice day” but sometimes my head is so full of Torah or something like my cold or whatnot that I forget. Gene sent me this:


When R' Simcha of Kelm was very old he had great difficulty walking. Once, after he had walked quite a distance from home, he asked the young man accompanying him to come back with him to his home. "Rabbi", said the young man, "I know it's difficult for you to walk back. Let me go back to the house for you and fetch whatever you need. You can wait for me here." R' Simcha though insisted on walking back with him.

When he came home, he went over to his wife and apologized to her profusely, because unlike his usual practice on leaving his home, this time he had forgotten to say goodbye to her.

Binyamin Jadidi


At the conclusion of every 16-hour work day in the hell called Bergen-Belsen, the block commander liked to have some fun with his Jews.

The meal at the end of the day consisted of old dry bread, filthy watery soup and a pat of something like margarine made from vegetable fat.

The margarine was scooped out of a large tub, and after the meal had been distributed and the tub was empty, the commander allowed the starving prisoners to jump into the empty tub and lick the remaining margarine from the walls of the tub. The sight of starving Jews liking up bits of margarine provided nightly entertainment for the commander and his guards.

One prisoner, however, refused to be a part of the commander’s show. Though like all the rest he was withered, starving shadow of a man aged far beyond his years, still he would never allow himself to scavenge for a lick of margarine. The other prisoners called him Elijah. In some unspoken way, the others drew strength from Elijah’s refusal to join the frenzy.

Then, one night, something happened that seemed to shatter whatever spirit remained in the prisoners. Elijah cracked. All at once he threw himself into the greasy vat and furiously rolled around like a crazed beast.

And how the commander howled. It was a deep belly laugh of satanic satisfaction. The last of the Jews had been broken.

Later, after the guards left and the Jews were in their barracks, Elijah took off his shirt and began to tear it to shreds. The others looked on in silence. Had Elijah gone mad?

He would study the shirt for a moment, carefully looking it over, as if searching for some exact location, and then tear that area into a strip. He looked up. His eyes were on fire.

“Do you know what tonight is?” he demanded. “Tonight is the first night of Hanukah.”

Elijah studied the shirt again, finding another choice spot to tear. A spot he head purposely saturated with grease from his roll in the margarine tub.

That night Elijah led the others in the lighting of the Hanukah flames. The wicks came from the strips of his shirt, and the bits of margarine Elijah had furiously scavenged was the oil.

Elijah’s light continues to shine.

Binyamin Jadidi – thanks to Gene Alberts


A story or parable from Rabbi A. L.


An eye witness account from New York City, on a cold day in December, some years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.


A lady approached the young boy and said, "My, but you're in such deep thought staring in that window?"


"I was asking G-D to give me a pair of shoes, 'was the boy's reply.


The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.


She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.


By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks... Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes...


She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him. She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, you will be more comfortable now".


As she turned go to, the astonished kid caught her by her hand and looking up into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her. "Are you G-D's wife??"


A touching letter to me from a German


I wrote on a Face Book group wall 1,000,000 gegen Nazis in German the story of my family losing our fortune and the torture of my grandfather for 3 days until he got a heart attack and was let alone to die or be weakened for life.



I received this touching letter translated by via Google so there are some errors that have crept in. The story of your grandfather has touched me deeply. As in Germany born man is it hard for me constructing bridges. Thus I want it try. The Holocaust is such a cruel crime that my innards can cry. I stand before you and do not know if I can for forgiveness. I'm so incredibly sorry. I would like to question the story of my Grandfather Helmut Beschorner tell. As an orphan he founded in 1916 at the age of 5 years from Berlin, like all children sent to the country. He was here in Hesse will be received by Henry Schnurr war comrade of Grandpa older step-brother, Erich Kaddatz since the beginning of the two together 1.Weltkrieg Served in France hatten.Heinrichs sister Ida had no children Schnurr and has the "Helmuthchen" adopted. He was here at all on the village 100km north of Frankfurt popularity of the "Berlin".

The foster father was a world war veteran and later a National Socialist, and so did my Grandpa Helmuth in the Hitler Youth. He played good football has given me a friend of him says. At 20 he married my Grandma Lena. And the wedding picture the two still hanging in the same place on your bed table, later Grandpa was able to play for the work of the fc Fa.Junkers in Kassel. Built there You airplanes. It was only later as a civilian and Hugo Junkers was expropriated military.

The end of the "master race" has not seen since our grandfather Helmuth in 1940 with 25 years died of a Lung inflammation.

Since my dad Emil was 3 years old. My brother Michael and I would have liked him met. My father, Emil never talks about him. I think he has very Him missing. My daughter Emily is now 4 years old and it is his whole Sun Shine. My daughter's mother is Polish and has given me a lot about how It has been previously treated by some classmates when searching for Germany came. Our families get along very well and I'm glad
We now have a bissl "multi-culti" are. I've told you the story,
because earlier I often wondered what if the ideology my grandfather never
get their hands on, and he is not the lung on a windy airfield
rausgehustet for Brandy & Homeland hätte. Grandfather Helmuth would now be almost 100th A biblical age. And so I beg your forgiveness for all the lies and the pain of your family through this wahnsinn was then added.
Thanks for moving lines in this terrible time. You have me very
touch ...


Sincerely & with best regards
Sascha


Deborah sent me this article: Islam from a German's View: Don't Look the Other Way


This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. The is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist:


A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'


We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.


The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.


Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.


The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.


And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?


History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:
Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.
Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.
Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.


Martin Nemoeller, a decorated U-Boat Captain, first supported Hitler’s rise to power. He learned his lesson too late. Here is what he said:


“They came first for the communists, and I did not speak up because I was not a communist; And, then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up because I was not a trade unionist; And, then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew."


Gog and Magog and Israel’s missile defense


The article is written by Louis René Beres and supplied to me by Scott W.

The core of Israel’s active defense plan remains the phased Arrow anti-ballistic missile program. Designed to intercept medium and short-range ballistic missiles, the various operationalized forms of Arrow (“Hetz” in Hebrew) are expected to deal especially with Iran’s surface-to-surface missile threat. Basically a high stratospheric system, Arrow is also capable of low-altitude and multi-tactical ballistic missile interceptions.


For the moment, things seem to be looking good. Test results for the Arrow continue to be significant and promising. Indeed, they indicate not only the substantial mutual benefits of ongoing strategic cooperation between Washington and Tel-Aviv, but also the intrinsic technical promise of Israel’s primary active defense system.

Yet, there are also some very important and underlying conceptual problems. Still faced with a steadily nuclearizing Iran, Israel must carefully consider whether it can rely entirely upon a suitable combination of deterrence and active defenses, or whether it must still also prepare for preemption. Can Israel live with a nuclear Iran? The answer to this question will have genuinely existential consequences for the Jewish State.

Israel’s preemption option should now appear less urgent. Many strategic planners and scientists believe that the Arrow’s repeated success in testing confirms that Israel is suitably prepared to deal with any Iranian nuclear missile attack. After all, and on many occasions, the Israel Air Force has already successfully tested the Arrow against a missile precisely mocking Iran’s Shihab-3.


In Israel, it seems, optimism should abound. On its face, it would appear that if Arrow were efficient in its expected reliability of interception, even an irrational Iranian adversary armed with nuclear and/or biological weapons could be dealt with effectively. Indeed, even if Israel’s nuclear deterrent were somehow made irrelevant by an enemy state willing to risk an almost certain and massive “counter-value” Israeli reprisal, that aggressor’s ensuing first-strike could still presumably be blocked by Arrow. So, we should now inquire, why even still consider preemption against Iran?


The meaningful answer lies in certain untenable assumptions about any system of ballistic missile defense. Israel’s problem is essentially a generic one. No system of ballistic missile defense, anywhere, can ever be appraised as simply “reliable” or “unreliable.”


Operational reliability of intercept is a distinctly “soft” concept, and any missile defense system – however successful in its test results – will have “leakage.” Of course, whether or not such leakage would fall within acceptable levels must ultimately depend largely upon the kinds of warheads fitted upon an enemy’s incoming missiles. In this connection, the Arrow’s commendable test successes might not necessarily be reproducible against faster and more advanced Iranian missiles.


Shall Israel now bet its collective life on a defensive capacity to fully anticipate and nullify offensive enemy capabilities?


In evaluating its rapidly-disappearing preemption option vis-à-vis Iran, Israeli planners will need to consider very carefully the expected leakage rate of the Arrow. In principle, a tiny number of enemy missiles penetrating Arrow defenses could still be “acceptable” if their warheads contained “only” conventional high explosive, or even chemical high explosive. But if the incoming warheads were nuclear and/or biological, even an extremely low rate of leakage would certainly be intolerable.


A fully zero leakage-rate would be necessary to adequately protect Israel against any nuclear and/or biological warheads, and such a zero leakage-rate is unattainable. This means that Israel can never depend entirely upon its anti-ballistic missiles to defend against any future WMD attack from Iran, and that even a thoroughly capable Arrow system cannot obviate altogether Israel’s preemption option. Moreover, even if Israel could somehow expect a 100% reliability of interception for Arrow – a technically inconceivable expectation – this would do nothing to blunt the unconventional threat from terrorist surrogates opting to use much shorter-range missiles, and/or delivery systems from ships, trucks or automobiles. Special points of vulnerability for Israel would obviously be in Lebanon, with Hezbollah proxies acting for Iran, and possibly also Gaza, where Iran-supported Hamas is currently developing dangerous new ties with al-Qaeda.

Israel must immediately strengthen its nuclear deterrence posture. To be deterred, a rational adversary will need to calculate that Israel’s second-strike forces are plainly invulnerable to any first-strike aggressions. Facing the Arrow, this adversary will now require increasing numbers of missiles to achieve an assuredly destructive first-strike against Israel. The Arrow, therefore, will compel any rational adversary, including Iran, to at least delay an intended first-strike attack against Israel. With any non-rational adversary, however, all Israeli bets on deterrence would necessarily be off. A non-rational adversary would be one that does not value its own continued survival more highly than all other preferences.


In Iran, Israel still faces a state enemy whose undisguised preparations for attacking the Jewish State are authentically genocidal, and which may not always remain rational. Aware of this, Israel is not obligated to sit back passively, and simply respond after a nuclear and/or biological attack has already been absorbed.


International law is not a suicide pact. Israel has the same right granted to all states to act preemptively when facing an existential assault. Known formally as anticipatory self-defense, this general right is strongly affirmed in customary international law and in “the general principles of law recognized by civilized nations.” It is also supported by the authoritative 1996 Advisory Opinion issued by the International Court of Justice.


Israel must continue to develop, test and implement an Arrow-based interception capability to match the growing threat dictated by enemy ballistic missiles. Simultaneously, it must also continue to prepare for certain possible preemptions, and to suitably enhance the credibility of its nuclear deterrent. Regarding such enhanced credibility, Israel must appropriately operationalize a recognizable second-strike nuclear force, one that is sufficiently hardened and dispersed, and that is visibly ready to inflict an unacceptable retaliatory salvo against identifiable enemy cities.

Israel must make it perfectly clear to any would-be nuclear aggressor that Arrow defenses would always operate simultaneously with decisive Israeli nuclear retaliations. In no way does Arrow deployment preclude or even render less probable an Israeli nuclear reprisal.

Arrow is necessary for Israeli security, but it is not sufficient. To achieve a maximum level of security, Israel will also have to take appropriate and coordinated preparations for both deterrence and preemption. Moreover, ballistic missile defense will do nothing to thwart certain terrorist surrogates of Iran who could someday utilize ordinary modes of travel and transport as nuclear delivery vehicles.


Together with the U.S, Israel exists in the cross-hairs of a far-reaching Jihad that that will likely not conform to any of the settled international rules of diplomacy and negotiation. Under no circumstances, can Israel and the U.S afford to allow a seventh-century view of the world to be combined with twenty-first century weapons of mass destruction. Left unimpeded in its relentless plan to nuclearize for war (so-called “economic sanctions” are not an impediment), Iran, in the future, could share certain of its atomic munitions with anti-American proxies in Iraq.


The Arrow-based ballistic missile defense is indispensable for Israel. But it is now critical for both Jerusalem and Washington to remember that it is also not enough. In the end, both Israel and the United States may still have to destroy Iran’s pertinent nuclear infrastructures at their source.


Israel an amazing country from Len to Seth to me which I forward to you: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1311023934&play=1


Copied from Rabbi Twerski’s site: http://www.abrahamtwerski.com/index.php/component/content/article/58-hashkafah-issues/70-life-liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-misery


Shabbos on Sunday – Thanks to Esther: http://www.tog.co.il/en/Idea.aspx?id=134

Three more weeks to shop before Chanucha: Be well and have a great Shabbos,

Rachamim Pauli