Friday, October 7, 2022

Parshiyos Hazinu, Zos HaBracha, three stories and news.

 

A few words about living Torah or what the Rabbis call Chai B’ Hem (Mitzvos). Not wearing shoes on Yom Kippur is a Rabbinical Prohibition. I have a friend who suffers from one foot shorter than the other. He cannot really walk without special shoes. I used to walk fine like anybody else. I walked up and down the Las Vegas strip filming and recording the sights in day and night. I did that two or three days. On the last day before my flight I found out that my ankle had ‘gone out’. I limped around for a while got an ankle brace and then the other leg needed a brace (both cloth). That year I wore Keds on Tisha B’Av and fully fasted. I returned to my normal shoes but every step was pain for a month. I’ve found special sports shoes 80% non-leather and it works fine but cannot go 100% non-leather anymore. The Torah is to live by Chai B’ Hem but not suffer by them.

 

My Cardiologist told me to drink in shiurim less than the minimum requirement to take my medications. I heard a Ruv on TV speaking about drinking a lot Shiurim with a blood thinner Coumadin. Those who take insulin injections MUST EAT AND DRINK as usual. Certain heart and more cancer patients should eat and drink in Shiurim and others as usual. We do not place one’s life in danger. Yom Kippur is to make trouble/uncomfortable for your Nefesh. The Sages said, no marital relations, washing except for the very tips of our fingers, no anointing, no wearing of shoes, etc. The shoes in the Talmud were mainly sandals with straps on them going up the leg. That is the type used in the Chalitzah Ceremony when a man refuses to marry his deceased brother’s wife. 

 

 

Parsha Hazinu

 

 

Moshe started last week by saying that we should listen to and remember this song.

 

32:1 Give ear, ye heavens, and I will speak; and let the earth hear the words of my mouth. 

 

Two inanimate objects are called upon to witness and testify in Beis Din shel Maalah if violated.

 

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew; as the small rain upon the tender grass, and as the showers upon the herb. 

 

This is how truly the Torah and Mitzvos are.

 

3 For I will proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe ye greatness unto our God. 4 The Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice; a God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and right is He. 

 

HE is perfect but we are far from it.

 

5 Is corruption His? No; His children's is the blemish; a generation crooked and perverse. 

 

If Moshe’s generation and those before him were blemished; all the more so this WOKE generation who never saw the sea split or the ten plagues.

 

6 Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not He thy father that hath gotten thee? hath He not made thee, and established thee? 7 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations; ask thy father, and he will declare unto thee, thine elders, and they will tell thee. 

 

You may think you know better than the Sages of old but not so.

 

8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the children of men, He set the borders of the peoples according to the number of the children of Israel. 9 For the portion of the LORD is His people, Jacob the lot of His inheritance. 10 He found him in a desert land, and in the waste, a howling wilderness; He compassed him about, He cared for him, He kept him as the apple of His eye. 

 

Am Yisrael is the apple or G-D’s eye.

 

11 As an eagle that stirs up her nest, hovers over her young, spreads abroad her wings, takes them, bears them on her pinions-- 

 

So does the L-RD to Yisrael.

 

12 The LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with Him. 13 He made him ride on the high places of the earth, and he did eat the fruitage of the field; and He made him to suck honey out of the crag, and oil out of the flinty rock; 14 Curd of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and he-goats, with the kidney-fat of wheat; and of the blood of the grape thou drank foaming wine. 

 

The L-RD has given you wealth from the guarding of the Mitzvos by your fathers.

 

15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked--thou didst wax fat, thou didst grow thick, thou didst become gross--and he forsook God who made him, and contemned the Rock of his salvation. 

 

But you have become fat and lax about your Mitzvos and ignored G-D who is your salvation.

 

16 They roused Him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations did they provoke Him. 17 They sacrificed unto demons, no-gods, gods that they knew not, new gods that came up of late, which your fathers dreaded not. 18 Of the Rock that begot thee thou were unmindful, and didst forget God that bore thee. 19 And the LORD saw, and spurned, because of the provoking of His sons and His daughters. 

 

Worse than forgetting the source of your wealth and income, you have not only ignored G-D but worshipped other gods.

 

20 And He said: 'I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end shall be; for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faithfulness. 21 They have roused Me to jealousy with a no-god; they have provoked Me with their vanities; and I will rouse them to jealousy with a no-people; I will provoke them with a vile nation. 22 For a fire is kindled in My nostril, and burn unto the depths of the nether-world, and devour the earth with her produce, and set ablaze the foundations of the mountains. 23 I will heap evils upon them; I will spend Mine arrows upon them; 24 The wasting of hunger, and the devouring of the fiery bolt, and bitter destruction; and the teeth of beasts will I send upon them, with the venom of crawling things of the dust. 25 Without shall the sword bereave, and in the chambers terror; slaying both young man and virgin, the suckling with the man of gray hairs. 

 

Even in one’s home he shall experience the terror of the evil and will be devoured like in a fire for the prostitution of worshiping other gods.

 

26 I thought I would make an end of them, I would make their memory cease from among men; 27 Were it not that I dreaded the enemy's provocation, lest their adversaries should misdeem, lest they should say: Our hand is exalted, and not the LORD hath wrought all this.' 28 For they are a nation void of counsel, and there is no understanding in them. 29 If they were wise, they would understand this, they would discern their latter end. 30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had given them over and the LORD had delivered them up? 31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges. 

 

Families that have gone astray shall be cut off.

 

32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah; their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter; 33 Their wine is the venom of serpents, and the cruel poison of asps. 34 'Is not this laid up in store with Me, sealed up in My treasuries? 

 

They have become barren like Sodom and Amorah from their wicked adventures.

 

35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense, against the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that are to come upon them shall make haste. 36 For the LORD will judge His people, and repent Himself for His servants; when He sees that their stay is gone, and there is none remaining, shut up or left at large. 

 

We say in the Shemona Esray when your foot slips, HIS loving kindness upholds thee but not her when you are wicked and you shall fall.

 

37 And it is said: Where are their gods, the rock in whom they trusted; 38 Who did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink-offering? let him rise up and help you, let him be your protection. 39 See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with Me; I kill, and I make alive; I have wounded, and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand. 40 For I lift up My hand to heaven, and say: As I live forever, 41 If I whet My glittering sword, and My hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to Mine adversaries, and will recompense them that hate Me. 42 I will make Mine arrows drunk with blood, and My sword shall devour flesh; with the blood of the slain and the captives, from the long-haired heads of the enemy.' 

 

Lead the dead stone and wood idols protect you now. For now as mentioned above for being traitorous to your G-D, I will avenge myself on you.

 

43 Sing aloud, O ye nations, of His people; for He doth avenge the blood of His servants, and doth render vengeance to His adversaries, and doth make expiation for the land of His people. 

 

Esav, Iran and others will rejoice that you have fallen.

 

44 And Moses came and spoke all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he, and Hoshea the son of Nun. 45 And when Moses made an end of speaking all these words to all Israel, 46 he said unto them: 'Set your heart unto all the words wherewith I testify against you this day; that ye may charge your children therewith to observe to do all the words of this law. 47 For it is no vain thing for you; because it is your life, and through this thing ye shall prolong your days upon the land, whither ye go over the Jordan to possess it.' 

 

You are about to pass over the Yarden and if you want to prolong your days and the days of your children then follow the Mitzvos.

 

48 And the LORD spoke unto Moses that selfsame day, saying: 49 'Get thee up into this mountain of Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession; 50 and die in the mount whither thou go up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people. 51 Because ye trespassed against Me in the midst of the children of Israel at the waters of Meribath-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified Me not in the midst of the children of Israel. 52 For thou shalt see the land afar off; but thou shalt not go thither into the land which I give the children of Israel.'

 

 

You will go up the mountain view the promised land return to a cave and join me in the next world.

 

 

Parsha V’ Zos HaBracha

 

 

This is the last thing that Moshe shall do before going up the mountain and being buried.

 

33:1 And this is the blessing wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 2 And he said: The LORD came from Sinai, and rose from Seir unto them; He shined forth from mount Paran, and He came from the myriads holy, at His right hand was a fiery law unto them. 3 Yea, He loveth the peoples, all His holy ones--they are in Thy hand; and they sit down at Thy feet, receiving of Thy words. 4 Moses commanded us a law, an inheritance of the congregation of Jacob. 5 And there was a king in Jeshurun, when the heads of the people were gathered, all the tribes of Israel together. 

 

Together one nation and one heart like at the receiving of the Asera Dibros.

 

6 Let Reuben live, and not die in that his men become few.  7 And this for Judah, and he said: Hear, LORD, the voice of Judah, … 8 And of Levi he said: Thy Thummim and Thy Urim be with Thy holy one, … 10 They shall teach Jacob Thine ordinances, and Israel Thy law; they shall put incense before Thee, and whole burnt-offering upon Thine altar. … 12 Of Benjamin he said: The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him; … 13 And of Joseph he said: Blessed of the LORD be his land; for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that couches beneath, 

 

All the properties of the tribes are mention and Yosef for the Moshiach Ben Yosef and Yehoshua being from Ephraim.

 

… 18 And of Zebulun he said: Rejoice, Zebulun, in thy going out, and, Issachar, in thy tents. …

 

Zevulon would work and support the Torah learning of Yisachar.

 

20 And of Gad he said: Blessed be He that enlarges Gad; … 22 And of Dan he said: Dan is a lion's whelp, that leaps forth from Bashan. 23 And of Naphtali he said: O Naphtali, satisfied with favor, and full with the blessing of the LORD: possess thou the sea and the south. 24 And of Asher he said: Blessed be Asher above sons; . 26 There is none like unto God, O Jeshurun, who rides upon the heaven as thy help, and in His excellency on the skies. 

 

Asher lived in the north and the land was the choicest for farming and trees in Israel.

 

27 The eternal God is a dwelling-place, and underneath are the everlasting arms; and He thrust out the enemy from before thee, and said: 'Destroy.' 28 And Israel dwelleth in safety, the fountain of Jacob alone, in a land of corn and wine; yea, his heavens drop down dew. 29 Happy art thou, O Israel, who is like unto thee? a people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and that is the sword of thy excellency! And thine enemies shall dwindle away before thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places. 

 

When you follow the Mitzvos your enemies will dwindle and you shall conquer them.

 

34:1 And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the LORD showed him all the land, even Gilead as far as Dan; 2 and all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah as far as the hinder sea; 3 and the South, and the Plain, even the valley of Jericho the city of palm-trees, as far as Zoar. 4 And the LORD said unto him: 'This is the land which I swore unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying: I will give it unto thy seed; I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.' 

 

You can now see the land but not enter but your children will thrive in the land.

 

5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. 6 And he was buried in the valley in the land of Moab over against Beth-Peor; and no man knows of his sepulchre unto this day. 

 

The Medrash talks of a kiss from HASHEM and the soul came out.

 

7 And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. 8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days; so, the days of weeping in the mourning for Moses were ended. 9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him; and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses. 

 

He was dynamic and vibrant like he was when Yisrael left Mitzrayim.

 

10 And there hath not arisen a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face; 

 

There will never be a prophet like Moshe but only one to see through a dream.

 

11 in all the signs and the wonders, which the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh, and to all his servants, and to all his land; 12 and in all the mighty hand, and in all the great terror, which Moses wrought in the sight of all Israel. 

 

 

Chazak – Chazak v’ nit Chazak

 

 

Inner Peace by Rabbi Yerachmiel Tilles

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=1294-01

 

 

"I suppose I should have felt thankful and lucky," relates Feivel S. about his involvement in the rehabilitation of displaced Jews in post-war Europe. "I found it difficult to be optimistic about life after having lost everything in the Holocaust. An old friend of mine found me a job in the Vaad HaHatzala (Rescue Council) offices in Paris. The constant workload my position required helped me maintain my sanity.

"Sitting behind a big gray desk piled with papers, files, and forms, I found both solace and misery: solace in being in a position to help others reconstruct their lives, constant misery while listening to tale after tale of woe.

"One day, I heard a gentle knock at the door to my office. This was a pleasant change from the familiar nervous rapping of troubled survivors.

"'Come in,' I called.

"A well-dressed, bearded man walked up to my desk. I was deeply impressed from the first moment I saw him. His distinguished features radiated inner peace. That overwhelmed me, for in post-war Europe inner peace was a very rare commodity. Moreover, his peaceful composure was catchy, and for the first time in years, I felt at ease.

"'How can I help you?' I asked.

"'My mother, Rebbetzin Chana Schneerson, has arrived here from Russia. I have come to facilitate her immigration to the United States. Can you please advise me how much time I will have to set aside for this procedure? I would like to organize my schedule accordingly.'"

"I could not take my eyes off this soft-spoken man. He was the first person to come through my office who radiated a sense of direction, expressing the desire to calculate time and spend it wisely. In the shambles of a chaotic Europe, here was a man who valued his minutes.

"I promised to offer whatever assistance I could, assuring him that I would try to process the necessary papers myself so that he could be free to use his time as he saw fit. I gave him all the forms that had to be filled out, and he supplied all the information required.

Afterwards, he expressed his gratitude and left my office. Though I had not said so, I was also grateful to him. The few minutes he had spent with me endowed me with renewed dedication and sense of purpose.

"Many years passed. In the interim, I married, built a family and immigrated to the States. One day, I was driving through Brooklyn with a co-worker. 'Let's go visit the Lubavitch headquarters,' he suggested.

"'Why not?' I replied. Seventeen years had passed since that incident in Paris. Although I had never gone to see the Lubavitcher Rebbe, I had since learned that he was the man who had visited my office then, and that meeting was still etched in my memory.

"We arrived at 770 in the midst of a 'farbrengen' - a Chasidic gathering with thousands in attendance. I marveled at the sight: an atmosphere of spiritual intensity in sharp contrast to the ordinary American environment. I looked around slowly, shifting my eyes periodically from the Rebbe to the chasidim.

"Suddenly, I caught the Rebbe's eye…or was it that he caught mine? He was looking at me directly, while he motioned to one of his attendants and said something to him. Before I knew it, the attendant was beside me. 'The Rebbe has requested that you come to him,' he whispered to me. I was both surprised and flustered at the unexpected attention.

"I followed the attendant shakily and found myself face to face with the Rebbe. It was the same warm and eloquent voice that echoed in my ears from seventeen years ago.

"'Yasher Koach ['well done'] for your efforts on behalf of my mother seventeen years ago in Paris. Blessing and thanks for everything you did.'"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: From "To Know and to Care" by Rabbi Eliyahu and Malka Touger, as reprinted in Living Jewish #431 and adapted by Yerachmiel Tilles.

 

 

Leftist Paratrooper and hero miraculously saved. (condensed from Heb.)

 

 

Yoav Limor brought down a Yom Kippur War Story of a soldier Yacov Ashav Alkalai. He was a Kibbutznik on a trip during Yom Kippur to Sinai. When he heard that war had broken out, he hitched rides until he got to his Paratrooper Base. After two days, they were sent to Sinai. About 10 days into the war, they were on the other side of the canal. They hear of a commando unit there and decided to help them by linking up to them. It turns out that they were the commando unit.

 

After two days without food and supplies they used Egyptian Equipment. They went to an area to pick up fresh water. All hell broke loose.  Yacov usually jumped up first. He was hit by an RPG or some other shell that knocked him from his position. He ended up with no heart-beat, shrapnel in his lungs, a hand broken in pieces with bones showing, his skull open. The doctor was told why waste an infusion on a dead man. It turned out that even though he seemed dead, his vital signs appeared strong according to the doctor.

 

When the doctor stabilized the unconscious soldier, he was sent back across the canal to a base in Sinai behind the SAM Missiles Range. A helicopter was called in an it took 12 hours to bring him to Icalov Hospital in Tel Aviv.

 

After two days he regained consciousness but could not see. He was tied down to a bed. He spoke broken Arabic as he thought that he was captured. He finally learned that he was in Israel.

 

In the meantime, his wife, Noga, was supposed to meet his parents. He had at that time a two-year-old son. She got to their house and was told that the Army Officer of that city had informed them that their son had been injured. So Noga asked which one the younger or the older. It turned out to be the older. She then went to the officer to find out which hospital. Upon arriving she was told that he was in the Neuro-Surgery Unit the worse nightmare for a young wife.

 

Eventually, he regained his sight except for his side vision. Then after he left the hospital he had to try to match up ripped pieces of paper. Noga was afraid that she was married to somebody who was retarded.

 

Slowly, he learned to match thing but had forgotten how to read and write. He had to learn again from the beginning mathematical equations.

 

Eventually he started learning geology but had to take oral exams. He quickly went on to learn biology and was able to teach.

 

Yacov then went on to get an MS in Geology and learned his PhD in the USA. For the PhD he was not given the ability to have oral exams but eventually the professor accompanied him and he became a Professor in Israel.

 

He learned with his broken body to become a whole human. He also upon recovering had a second son with Noga and at the age of 72 they are happily married.

 

 

The following story is about a co-worker of mine.

Until, I did border Patrol on the front line, I was embarrassed by his heroism and lack of mine. Eventually, the company trained him to be an administrator and rewarded him with being the head of our Golan Heights Factory. Later on he moved higher in the corporate world and became a multi-millionaire if not a billionaire and owes several dozen collector cars like a museum. And I believe he is still non-religious.

 

 

The Psalm Sayer and the Medal of Courage. By Yerachmiel Tilles

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=1295-02

 

 

Moshe Levy was one of the few soldiers that received the 'Ot Gevura' ['Medal of Courage'] -- the highest Israeli combat award for bravery. In his case it was for his service in the Yom Kippur war (in October 1973).

 

The Yom Kippur war was won solely by Divine intervention. As is already well known, the Israeli Government at that time made a deadly mistake. They knew that the Arabs were planning to attack Israel, but thought that if we let them attack first the world would see who the real aggressor is and come to our help.

 

The result was disastrous. No one came to our aid. Our troops were totally unprepared, undermanned and under-armed, thousands of young Israelis needlessly lost their lives and, if it weren't for a series of clear miracles proving that G-D Al-mighty is protecting us, the Arabs would (Heaven forbid) have easily overrun the country!

 

Moshe Levy tells his story.

 

He was in a battalion of seventy-five soldiers guarding the southern Israeli border when suddenly they received orders from head command that a full battalion of Egyptian tanks backed up by foot soldiers were heading toward their position, and they were the only thing standing between the Arabs and Tel Aviv!

 

They requested reinforcements and ammunition but there were none. War had been declared and Israel was being attacked from all sides! The Syrians were attacking from the north and the Egyptians from the south, and all our forces were in confusion!

 

The desert night was silent. Only in the far distance could be heard a faint rumbling through the wind that became louder and louder. Was it the Egyptians?

 

Suddenly they appeared -- over a hundred tanks. They couldn't possibly destroy so many tanks; they didn't even have that many anti-tank missiles! And who knows how many hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of enemy soldiers were behind the tanks?

 

The horrible truth was too obvious; They didn't stand a chance. None of them would get out alive. One of the soldiers mumbled dejectedly, "We're all dead! How can we possibly defeat 120 tanks?"

 

Suddenly one of the soldiers, a Yemenite Jew by the name of Zandani, jumped to his feet, took out a small book of Tehilim (Psalms) from his pocket, held it up and declared, "I'll tell you how we'll defeat them. With this! Because the G-d of Israel is with us."

 

Most of the other soldiers were Israeli-style total atheists and almost totally ignorant about Judaism. Nevertheless, after the first few words the Yemenite read they all yelled out a hearty 'Amen!' (although, of course, 'Amen' is said only after blessings).

 

He began to read aloud, each holy word ringing out in the desert night. Moshe Levy stood, put his hand on his heart, and swore to G-d that if he got out alive he would put on tefillin every weekday for the rest of his life.

 

The battle began. The Egyptian tanks all opened fire with everything they had. The Israelis spread out and fired their bazookas and mortars, while Zandani stood and yelled the holy words of Psalms through the smoke and explosions.

 

Moshe Levy related: "We fired and fired while the Yemenite read aloud and it was miraculous. Every shot we fired was a direct hit! Their tanks were exploding all over the place. Perhaps the biggest miracle was that just as we were running out of ammunition and it looked like we were done for, suddenly, amazingly, the Egyptians retreated! They just turned around and left.

 

"The greatest miracle of all was that although a lot of us were wounded none of us got killed! That is, all except for one soldier…Zandani, the Yemenite that yelled out the Psalms, the only religious one in the group. The one that saved us. He was the only one killed.

 

"Something else too. My left arm got blown off!

 

"It took me nine months in the hospital to recover and during that period I had a lot of time to think. It really bothered me what that happened. If anyone should have been protected by G-d, it was Zandani. Why? And since my arm that I vowed to put Tefillin on got blown off, how was I supposed to keep my oath?

 

"The two questions began to drive me crazy. During the time I was in the hospital I was visited by a lot of rabbis, and I asked each one both questions but none of them had an explanation for me.

 

"Three or four years later," Moshe continued, "I went to the United States to have an artificial arm constructed and fitted. While I was there a good friend called me and told me that he spoke to the Lubavitcher Rebbe and that the Rebbe told him he was interested in seeing me.

 

"At first I couldn't figure what he was talking about. I was a totally non-religious person and had no connection with this rabbi or any rabbis, so why would he want to see me? How did he even know about me? So, I refused.

 

"But my friend told me I was crazy. He said that people come from all over the world and wait months to see this Rebbe, and now I'm refusing?

 

"So, I figured, what do I have to lose? The meeting was set for twelve midnight the next night. As soon as I entered the Rebbe's room and looked at him I knew he was someone special. In fact, the entire time I was there I tried several times to look him in the eyes but I wasn't able to. He was just too holy. It's difficult to explain.


"He asked me to sit down and tell him about my experiences. We talked about the war and he was simply amazing. He knew each and every detail of each and every battle! He also had very strong opinions. For example, he was very disappointed with the Israeli government that they didn't allow the army to take Damascus and Cairo, even if for just one day, just to show them who is boss.

 

"He also said that although we should have been better prepared, it was a big miracle that the enemy decided to attack on Yom Kippur. The holiness of the day protected us, and also because the streets were empty [and most of the reserve soldiers were in synagogues -Y.T.], so it was easy to mobilize the troops.

 

"We spoke for an hour and forty-five minutes, yet to me it seemed like five minutes. This was a novel experience that had never happened to me in my life and never happened again...

 

At some point in the middle of our meeting I asked him my question about Zandani and my arm. The Rebbe said that the answer was simple.

 

"Simple! I had asked this question to dozens of Rabbis who couldn't answer and he says it is simple?

 

"He explained that in fact our entire company should have died, but Zandani made himself close to G-d, so G-d took only him instead. And the same with my arm: I was supposed to die even after Zandani's sacrifice, but because I devoted my arm to G-d, so G-d took only it instead of my life.

 

"So, you see, what had been bothering me for years the Rebbe answered in one minute."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source: Adapted by Yerachmiel Tilles from Rosh Yeshiva Tuvia Bolton's free rendition in the Parshat Vayeshev 5778 email of Yeshiva Ohr Tmimim in Kfar Chabad, Israel, of the JEM video interview of Moshe Levy in 1975.

 

 

Milestone: David ‘Sandy’ Gottesman, 96. Philanthropist friend of Israel. https://www.timesofisrael.com/buffett-business-partner-scion-of-jewish-philanthropic-dynasty-dies-at-96/

 

 

Inyanay Diyoma

 

 

Russia loses strategic Ukrainian Town. https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukraine-war-russia-withdraws-troops-lyman-strategic-town-region-putin-annexed

 

US/NATO condemns Russian action. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360600

 

US no sign of imminent use of Nukes. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360608

 

A Mensch: Dyane Johnson, the Rock, surprises Carol, a disappointed fan. https://twitter.com/WORLDSTAR/status/1574818720156975106

 

I came to back a friend but not for a press conference. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360607

 

Ra'am Party, Mansour Abbas, clarified on Friday that his party will not support Benjamin Netanyahu after the elections. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360601

 

Innocent Shachid was only throwing firebombs. https://www.timesofisrael.com/police-say-palestinian-killed-after-trying-to-hurl-firebomb-at-cops-near-jerusalem/

 

Boy bit by snake in hospital. https://www.timesofisrael.com/13-year-old-boy-seriously-injured-by-snake-bite-in-northern-israel/

 

Health Ministry warns of travel cause of Ebola in Uganda. https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-warns-against-travel-to-ugandan-regions-amid-ebola-outbreak/

 

Another Tennis Player retires: Jonathan Erlich, a 45-year-old Argentine-Israeli who was known as one of the better men’s doubles players in the world during his prime, was set to play his last tournament alongside a famous friend and former doubles partner — 21-time Grand Slam winner Novak Djokovic. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-doubles-star-jonathan-erlich-retires-from-tennis-at-tel-aviv-tournament/

 

Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce. https://www.wnd.com/2022/09/marjorie-taylor-greenes-husband-27-years-files-divorce/

 

Attempted ramming attack two Shachidim and one seriously injured. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360692

 

Sunday two shooting attacks near Schem. During the attack, an Israeli bus and taxi were shot, leaving both vehicles damaged and the driver of the taxi lightly wounded.

Hours later, an IDF soldier was wounded in a terrorist shooting near the Palestinian Authority-administered city of Shechem (Nablus), after Israeli residents of Samaria gathered to protest the previous shooting attack and demand tougher counter-terror measures.  After shooting attack, man blocks road to Schem. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360647

Right wing, 60 MKs. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360673

 

You rock near Chevron. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360681

 

Lapid the great negotiator. Lebanon gets only 100% and Israel Zero says diplomat. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360696

 

Gold Coins hidden by fleeing person. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360698

 

16 terrorists arrested. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360694

 

A terrorist killed in clash subjects arrested. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1ovjmifj

 

Opposition leader OK but got ill during Prays. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360796

 

Woman & 3girls in Schem on YK rescued. https://www.timesofisrael.com/2-israeli-women-kids-enter-palestinian-city-of-nablus-escorted-out-by-local-forces/

 

Lebanon-Israel (banana republic) agreement in jeopardy as Lebanon does not want the 100% and Israel 0% but more. https://www.timesofisrael.com/lebanon-said-to-object-to-key-points-in-maritime-border-deal-with-israel/

 

Germany – rock throw at Schul. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360807

 

N. Korea launches strategic missiles over Japan. [Anybody want to buy a few arrow missiles from IAI real cheap?] https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360806

 

Arson from village of Ein El Bida in Moshav Mehola: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360801

 

Thousands attend Ne’ilah Service in Tel Aviv Circle. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360799

 

Lieberman proposes easy access of 3rd generation non-Jews into Israel. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liberman-proposes-easy-entry-for-great-grandchildren-of-jews-in-wake-of-ukraine-war/

 

After being spurned Amb. credentials accepted. https://www.timesofisrael.com/chiles-president-accepts-israeli-envoys-credentials-two-weeks-after-snub/

 

The world didn’t care about Auschwitz. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/09/30/auschwitz-was-not-bombed-because-the-world-didnt-care/

 

Jewish Death Row inmate may get retrial. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/09/30/jewish-death-row-inmate-in-texas-could-receive-new-trial-after-sentencing-judges-antisemitism-is-exposed/

 

Comptroller warns of poor IDF Logistics in Yehuda & Shomron. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/10/02/idf-facing-logistical-issues-in-west-bank-amid-counter-terror-operation-comptroller/

 

And the winner of Tel Aviv Tennis Tourney gives racket to teen fan. https://www.timesofisrael.com/novak-djokovic-wins-tel-aviv-tennis-tourney-for-89th-career-title/

 

14year old robber caught after chase. https://www.timesofisrael.com/14-year-old-with-axe-robs-convenience-store-is-arrested-after-chase/

 

On Shaky Ground w/law, unions and religious want light rail on Shabbos. https://www.timesofisrael.com/michaeli-promises-to-run-tel-aviv-light-rail-on-shabbat-starting-next-year/

 

Older news on Ukraine as more ground recovered on Yom Kippur. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360678

 

Dyslexic app how to learn English. https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/hyhesik11i

 

Israeli Arab Terrorist Cell. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/rjgjm6uzi

 

If Jewish Home drops out, the Likud loses more. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360838

 

Maj. Gen. Fuchs finds IDF not responsible for child’s death. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360843

 

Inflation in the New World Order to enslave humanity. Banned by Facebook. https://www.newstarget.com/2022-10-05-goya-foods-founder-says-new-world-order-inflation-enslave-humanity.html

 

Former Thai Policeman kills 34 of which 24 children. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360839

 

IDF on the alert for possible Hezballah war. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360852

 

Netanyahu released from hospital. https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-released-after-hospitalization-during-yom-kippur/

 

No BDS in Taekwondo. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360851

 

Poll shows right gets 62 seats. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360873

 

Poll shows right gets 61 seats. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360882

 

First time since Cuban Missile Crises possibility of Nuclear War Rises. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360881

 

Lapid tries to silence right wing. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360894

 

Biden to pardon Marijuana offenses. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360870

 

Saving the Israeli Vulture. https://www.timesofisrael.com/conservationists-release-64-vultures-equipped-with-radio-transmitters/

 

Iran girl 16murdered in protests. https://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-woman-accuses-authorities-of-murdering-16-year-old-daughter-at-protests/

 

Analysis – Iran in trouble. https://www.timesofisrael.com/persistent-protests-over-womans-death-in-custody-become-threat-for-iran-regime/

 

He had a Gay ole time in Israel but beheaded in Chevron. https://www.timesofisrael.com/gay-palestinian-living-under-asylum-in-israel-murdered-beheaded-in-hebron/

 

Invited and disinvited, Ben Gvir makes the best of it. https://www.timesofisrael.com/far-right-firebrand-ben-gvir-stumps-from-kibbutz-streets-after-disinvitation/

 

Mafia and criminals in Lod and Hadera. https://www.timesofisrael.com/lod-man-killed-in-shooting-package-explodes-outside-restaurant-where-netanyahu-ate/

 

More Natural Gas found near Israel. https://www.timesofisrael.com/energean-announces-new-israel-gas-discovery-estimated-at-7-15-billion-cubic-meters/

 

US Kills more ISIS. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-kills-two-is-leaders-in-airstrike-after-rare-syria-ground-raid/

 

Swastikas in NY Jewish Area. https://www.timesofisrael.com/swastikas-scrawled-on-jewish-newspaper-boxes-in-new-york-over-yom-kippur/

 

3 Jewish Women sue KY over Abortion Definition. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360885

 

Stabbing in Vegas 2 dead 6 wounded. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360875

 

Have a wonderful healthy Shabbos and a Joyous Sukkos. (If a war breaks out with Hezballah I will update with news reports if not I hope all will be peaceful.)

Rachamim Pauli