Friday, January 6, 2023

Parsha Vayehi, rare Mitzvah, miracle, story and news

 

Parsha Vayehi

 

 

Yosef sent servants to take care of his father and during the last 17years of his life lived in Goshen and the other Tribes were there. Yosef had to be close to Pharaoh in the Capitol.

 

47:27 And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the land of Goshen; and they got them possessions therein, and were fruitful, and multiplied exceedingly. 28 And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years; so the days of Jacob, the years of his life, were a hundred forty and seven years. 29 And the time drew near that Israel must die; and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him: 'If now I have found favor in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt. 

 

As with Avraham and Eliezer, Yosef swears to his father on the holy Bris.

 

30 But when I sleep with my fathers, thou shalt carry me out of Egypt, and bury me in their burying-place.' And he said: 'I will do as thou hast said.' 31 And he said: 'Swear unto me.' And he swore unto him. And Israel bowed down upon the bed's head.

 

Yisrael had sat up on the bed for the swearing of bringing him to Chevron like he wished. When Yosef finished swearing now aged 56th, Yacov was happy and rested his head. I am slightly less than half Yacov’s age and can imagine how hard it was, when I was ill recently to sit up.

 

48:1 And it came to pass after these things, that one said to Joseph: 'Behold, thy father is sick.' And he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim. 

 

He wants his sons blessed by the Gadol HaDor.

 

2 And one told Jacob, and said: 'Behold, thy son Joseph cometh unto thee.' And Israel strengthened himself, and sat upon the bed. 

 

No small feat for a man who is 147years and dying.

 

3 And Jacob said unto Joseph: 'God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me, 4 and said unto me: Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a company of peoples; and will give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession. 5 And now thy two sons, who were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; Ephraim and Manasseh, even as Reuben and Simeon, shall be mine. 

 

You are my true Bechor for I worked 14years for your mother and therefore you inherit a double portion that is two tribes from you.

 

6 And thy issue, that thou beget after them, shall be thine; they shall be called after the name of their brethren in their inheritance. 

 

Since you are only 56 you may have more children and they shall be called after these tribes.

 

7 And as for me, when I came from Paddan, Rachel died unto me in the land of Canaan in the way, when there was still some way to come unto Ephrath; and I buried her there in the way to Ephrath--the same is Bethlehem.' 8 And Israel beheld Joseph's sons, and said: 'Who are these?' 9 And Joseph said unto his father: 'They are my sons, whom God hath given me here.' And he said: 'Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them.' 

 

Yosef explains that they are his two sons as clarified the next Pasuk why he must have seen blurry images.

 

10 Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them. 

 

He must have had such cataracts that he could not fully see the sons but recognized voices or by touch.

 

11 And Israel said unto Joseph: 'I had not thought to see thy face; and, lo, God hath let me see thy seed also.' 

 

I am blessed being able to see you and your offspring. He may not have seen offspring from Yosef’s sons yet as nothing is mentioned here.

 

12 And Joseph brought them out from between his knees; and he fell down on his face to the earth. 13 And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him. 

 

From the following Pasukim one can conclude that he spoke to the boys to know whom was whom and which side of the bed they stood.

 

14 And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the first-born. 

 

The Torah specifies that Yisrael was of sound mind and knew clearly why he crossed his hands right towards Ephraim first and then left towards Menashe for the blessing.

 

15 And he blessed Joseph, and said: 'The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God who hath been my shepherd all my life long unto this day, 16 the angel who hath redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named in them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.' 

 

Yacov at this point was talking uninterrupted.

 

17 And when Joseph saw that his father was laying his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him, and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head. 18 And Joseph said unto his father: 'Not so, my father, for this is the first-born; put thy right hand upon his head.' 

 

Yosef thought that he was crossing his hands for Menashe on Yosef’s right would be by Yacov’s left.

 

19 And his father refused, and said: 'I know it, my son, I know it; he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great; howbeit his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.' 

 

Yacov does not ignore Menashe for he will be great but his brother will prove to be greater.

 

20 And he blessed them that day, saying: 'By thee shall Israel bless, saying: God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh.' And he set Ephraim before Manasseh. 

 

And so we do every Erev Shabbos when we come home from the evening service we bless our sons with this blessing. “That G-D should make you like Ephraim and like Menashe” – followed with the Cohanim blessing.

 

21 And Israel said unto Joseph: 'Behold, I die; but God will be with you, and bring you back unto the land of your fathers. 22 Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow.'

 

Yacov is referring to Schem where Yosef’s future burial will be.

 

49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said: 'Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the end of days. 2 Assemble yourselves, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. 

 

He was going to reveal the Geulah (redemption) or Keitz (end) of History aka Moshiach Date. He was afraid that one son was not worthy to receive this transmission. At that time the brothers shouted out in unison the Shema Prayer.

 

3 Reuben, thou art my first-born, my might, and the first-fruits of my strength; the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power. 4 Unstable as water, have not thou the excellency; because thou went up to thy father's bed; then defiled thou it--he went up to my couch.

 

You had the audacity to move my bed from Bilhah’s to Leah’s tent and interfere in my personal business but you are unstable and impulsive “kill my sons if the boy does not come back” you have lost the leadership of the tribes. You have excellency but in your hasty decisions you could lose it.

 

5 Simeon and Levi are brethren; weapons of violence their kinship. 6 Let my soul not come into their council; unto their assembly let my glory not be united; for in their anger they slew men, and in their self-will they houghed oxen. 

 

At the time of the marriage of Dina.

 

7 Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce, and their wrath, for it was cruel; I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.

 

I will split up Shimon and Levi. One will be scatter throughout the tribes and Pinchas will kill Zimri.

 

8 Judah, thee shall thy brethren praise; thy hand shall be on the neck of thine enemies; thy father's sons shall bow down before thee. 9 Judah is a lion's whelp; from the prey, my son, thou art gone up. He stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as a lioness; who shall rouse him up? 

 

You shall lead the tribes just like the lion is king of the beasts, you shall be Melech al Yisrael.

 

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, as long as men come to Shiloh; and unto him shall the obedience of the peoples be. 

 

The Kingship shall not depart as long as men come to Shiloh. But when they return so shall the Kingship.

 

11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washes his garments in wine, and his vesture in the blood of grapes; 12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

 

Rashi says that from each vine will there be a donkey load of grapes.

 

13 Zebulun shall dwell at the shore of the sea, and he shall be a shore for ships, and his flank shall be upon Zidon.

 

He engaged in commerce and made a deal with Yisachar that his brother will learn and through is commercial support (see my miracle story below) he would finance the learning.

 

14 Issachar is a large-boned ass, couching down between the sheep-folds. 15 For he saw a resting-place that it was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and he bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant under task-work. 

 

Not resting but sitting in the Beis Medrash.

 

16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. 17 Dan shall be a serpent in the way, a horned snake in the path, that bites the horse's heels, so that his rider falls backward. 

 

This refers to Shimshon and Dan is buried closed to Shimshon Junction in the highways which is in the area where the battle was fought where he killed the Plishtim with a jawbone of a donkey.

 

18 I wait for Thy salvation, O LORD. 

 

At this point Yacov saw the war of Gog and Magog and uttered these words.

 

19 Gad, a troop shall troop upon him; but he shall troop upon their heel. 

 

He will lead in the army of Yisrael.

 

20 As for Asher, his bread shall be fat, and he shall yield royal dainties. 

 

He shall live in a fertile area in northern Israel and his area shall produce wonderful fruits and vegetables.

 

21 Naphtali is a hind let loose: he gives goodly words. 

 

He runs quickly and will transport goods.

 

22 Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a fountain; its branches run over the wall. 

 

The Moshiach ben Yosef will help remove the enemy in the war of Gog and will leave a path for the Moshiach Ben Dovid.

 

23 The archers have dealt bitterly with him, and shot at him, and hated him; 

 

Referring to the wife of Potiphar that tried to have his ‘bow’ shoot into her. Then when he refused she shot a report about him out of hatred for rejection.

 

24 But his bow abode firm, and the arms of his hands were made supple, by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, from thence, from the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel, 

 

He was a bachelor who over-came his Yetzer as an example for all of Yisrael.

 

25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee, and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee, with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that couches beneath, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb. 

 

For this refraining, for generations, Yosef will be blessed.

 

26 The blessings of thy father are mighty beyond the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills; they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of the prince among his brethren. 

 

The blessing will last forever.

 

27 Benjamin is a wolf that ravens; in the morning he devours the prey, and at even he divides the spoil.' 

 

He will have the Temple Mount aka Har HaBeis and the howl aka prayer of the wolf shall conquer both the heavenly and earthly worlds.

 

28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is it that their father spoke unto them and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them. 

 

So he managed to bless each tribe.

 

29 And he charged them, and said unto them: 'I am to be gathered unto my people; bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, 30 in the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field from Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a burying-place. 31 There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah. 

 

He wanted to be buried in the cave of his fathers next to Leah not by the way next to Rachel.

 

32 The field and the cave that is therein, which was purchased from the children of Heth.' 33 And when Jacob made an end of charging his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and expired, and was gathered unto his people.

 

And shortly after he finished these blessings, he passed away.

 

50:1 And Joseph fell upon his father's face, and wept upon him, and kissed him. 

 

He closed his father’s eyes.

 

2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians to embalm his father. And the physicians embalmed Israel. 3 And forty days were fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of embalming. And the Egyptians wept for him threescore and ten days. 

 

They did not work back then at super computer speeds but did everything slowly, properly and methodically checking and double checking that the procedure of mourning and then embalming was correct.

 

4 And when the days of weeping for him were past, Joseph spoke unto the house of Pharaoh, saying: 'If now I have found favor in your eyes, speak, I pray you, in the ears of Pharaoh, saying: 5 My father made me swear, saying: Lo, I die; in my grave which I have dug for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come back.' 

 

Yosef cannot leave Pharaoh without permission and therefore asks for it.

 

6 And Pharaoh said: 'Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.' 7 And Joseph went up to bury his father; and with him went up all the servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt, 

 

Pharaoh sent senior Ministers and troops to keep an eye and Yosef and his brothers that they should return back to Egypt.

 

8 and all the house of Joseph, and his brethren, and his father's house; only their little ones, and their flocks, and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen. 9 And there went up with him both chariots and horsemen; and it was a very great company. 

 

What went out with the burial was a regiment of soldiers and men surrounding the coffin of Yacov.

 

10 And they came to the threshing-floor of Atad, which is beyond the Jordan, and there they wailed with a very great and sore wailing; and he made a mourning for his father seven days. 11 And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said: 'This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians.' Wherefore the name of it was called Abel-Mizrahim, which is beyond the Jordan. 12 And his sons did unto him according as he commanded them. 

 

They did not finish the burial but sat Shiva outside of Egypt so there would be no Tuma in the area of Mourning.

 

13 For his sons carried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field, for a possession of a burying-place, of Ephron the Hittite, in front of Mamre. 

 

They then proceeded along the way to bury him in Chevron.

 

14 And Joseph returned into Egypt, he, and his brethren, and all that went up with him to bury his father, after he had buried his father. 

 

After the funeral and prayers in the Machpelah, they returned straightforward to Mitzrayim.

 

15 And when Joseph's brethren saw that their father was dead, they said: 'It may be that Joseph will hate us, and will fully requite us all the evil which we did unto him.' 16 And they sent a message unto Joseph, saying: 'Thy father did command before he died, saying: 17 So shall ye say unto Joseph: Forgive, I pray thee now, the transgression of thy brethren, and their sin, for that they did unto thee evil. And now, we pray thee, forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of thy father.' And Joseph wept when they spoke unto him. 

 

With the exception of Benyamin, the brothers feared vengeance from Yosef.

 

18 And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said: 'Behold, we are thy bondmen.' 

 

For they thought that Yosef only forgave them for the sake of his father.

 

19 And Joseph said unto them: 'Fear not; for am I in the place of God? 20 And as for you, ye meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. 

 

I am Yosef HATZADIK, I have long ago forgiven you.

 

21 Now therefore fear ye not; I will sustain you, and your little ones.' And he comforted them, and spoke kindly unto them. 

 

He spoke as a brother and hugged each one and they were placated.

 

22 And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house; and Joseph lived a hundred and ten years. 23 And Joseph saw Ephraim's children of the third generation; the children also of Machir the son of Manasseh were born upon Joseph's knees. 

 

He had the pleasure of becoming a great grandfather and enjoyed his grandchildren.

 

24 And Joseph said unto his brethren: 'I die; but God will surely remember you, and bring you up out of this land unto the land which He swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.' 25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying: 'God will surely remember you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.' 

 

Please bring me out of Egypt into Eretz Yisrael.

 

26 So Joseph died, being a hundred and ten years old. And they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt. 

 

But the Egyptians wanted his merits and diverted a river to run over Yosef’s grave so that no one could remove him ever.

 

 

Chazak – Chazak v’ nit Chazak

 

 

Toronto August 16, 1933 the Nazi Riot against the Jews. https://aish.com/torontos-christie-pits-riot-against-the-jews/

 

 

Gratitude is the Pillar of a Great Marriage by Rabbi Dr. Yosef Lynn

https://aish.com/gratitude-is-the-pillar-of-a-great-marriage/ Too Academic for a flowing story but nice advice.

 

One rare Mitzvah for Me and One Miracle

 

I have been in a mood not to talk to a neighbor who lied and took over a small part of my land. But this week I did have a chance to observe “When your enemies’ donkey goes astray” (or is overburdened) help. Well, this week Israel had some days with gale force winds and my street from the Wadi to the top of the hill becomes sort of a wind tunnel from south to north. My neighbor has plastic covering part of Sukkah Porch. The wind blew the plastic up that it is about to come off completely. I informed him as he could not see it from below but from my office I could see it. Why is it such a rare Mitzvah as out of the thousands of people in my Yishuv and Modiin, Modiin Illit and my FL Condo, he is the only person who falls under the category of ‘enemy’.

 

MIRACLE: I hate to go into debit and more than that hate to owe anybody anything. Two weeks ago, my FL Condo had a special assessment. It ran into a few thousand dollars and I had cash but needed it for my planned trip to FL in a few months.

 

My eldest son came to the rescue and paid the whole thing in one lump sum vs. about 20 percent in interest accrued. Despite the debit, it was Hanukah. Two Kollelim and my own came around for money. There is a saying of our Sages: “Maaser and you will become rich”. So, I gave the charity through ‘fire and water’ as they say in the Golani Brigade.

           

Suddenly, the money plus was in my account. It seems with the current economy, I had bought a stock with a long-term prospect in the last days of the previous economy and it rose. But then fell and I was minus approximately what I gave just now to Charity or more. I told my Broker to put in an order to sell at the price I paid and I forget all about it. I was literally saved from debit by it and have about enough for charity for the next payment to my Kollel. THE SAGES WERE NOT KIDDING. Disclaimer – one must give the charity for the SAKE OF HEAVEN and not for the sake of being rich. – Rachamim Pauli

 

 

Tipping the Scales of Justice by Rabbi Yerachmiel Tilles

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=1308-15

 

 

The phone rang in Ben Meed's office; Ben picked up the receiver. A restrained, sorrowful voice asked to speak to the president of WAGRO (Warsaw Ghetto Resistance Organization). "Speaking," responded Mr. Meed.

 

The gentleman's voice continued: "My father, Mr. Abraham Bachner, asked me to call you. The name won't mean anything to you; you didn't know him. My father just passed away. During one of my last visits to the hospital, he requested of me that when his time came you would attend his funeral.

 

"You see, Mr. Meed, my father attended all the annual Warsaw ghetto memorial services, the ones that your organization sponsors. It was his wish that you attend his memorial service. My father was a Holocaust survivor." He gave Meed the place and time of the funeral.

 

Just as Ben Meed entered the funeral chapel, he met Rabbi Fabian Schoenfeld of Young Israel of Kew Garden Hills, who addressed him, "I didn't know you knew the deceased,"

 

"I didn't," answered Meed, and told Rabbi Schoenfeld about the telephone conversation with Bachner's son. The rabbi responded, "Ben, I am really grateful that you came. You don't know how meaningful it is to all of us who knew Abraham."

 

The casket was brought in, covered in black with a Hebrew inscription saying "He makes death to vanish in life eternal." Rabbi Schoenfeld began to officiate.

 

"As you know, it is prohibited, according to Halacha (law), to deliver a eulogy on a holiday and we are in the midst of Hanukah. Instead, I will share with you a conversation I had with Abraham Bachner during one of my visits to the hospital.

 

"'Rabbi,' he said to me, 'I have been a member of your congregation for the past thirty years. I tried to be an honest, observant Jew. I attended services regularly on Shabbat and weekdays, no matter what the weather. I know that my time is up and I will soon be summoned before the heavenly court. I want to be buried not in tachrichim (white burial garment), as required by Jewish law, but rather in my concentration-camp uniform, the one I wore in Auschwitz, the one in which I was liberated.'

 

"I could not understand his strange request and asked for an explanation. Abe said to me, 'You see, Rabbi, when I reach the seat of justice on high, the heavenly prosecutors probably will have a list of grievances against me upon which they will base my guilty verdict.

 

"'But, when they place my transgressions on one side of the scales of the heavenly court, I will place on the other side my concentration-camp uniform. The hunger, the fear, the humiliation I suffered each minute for years while I was a katzernik (inmate) will surely tip the scales of justice in my favor. I hope, Rabbi, that you understand. I must be buried in my uniform. It is my defense case, my melitz yosher (righteous intercessor).'"

 

At the conclusion of the services, as the casket was being taken out of the chapel, Ben Meed walked over to Rabbi Schoenfeld and asked him, "And what was your decision, Rabbi?" "The concentration-camp uniform is there with him, in the coffin," responded Rabbi Schoenfeld.

 

When the thirty-seventh commemoration of the uprising of the Ghetto Warsaw took place on May 3, 1981, Ben Meed told the story of about Abraham Bachner's last request.

 

"In this gathering, here on earth, there was no doubt that the scales tipped in favor of Abraham Bachner when he stood before the heavenly court. For there is nothing more holy in this world than a broken Jewish heart in a concentration-camp uniform."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source: Adapted by Yerachmiel Tilles from "Hasidic Tales of the Holocaust" by Yaffa Eliach, Based on the story Ben Meed told her on April 3, 1981, and also on a letter by Rabbi Fabian Schoenfeld in "Martyrdom and Resistance," March-April 1981, p. 8.

Connection: The Fast of the Tenth of Tevet (this year: Jan. 3), in addition to commemorating the start of the siege of Jerusalem which culminated in the destruction of the Temples on Tisha B’Av, has also become the day on which Kaddish is recited for all those whose death day is unknown.

 

 

Milestone: Barbara Walters, 93, TV news anchor first of her sex on the channels interviewed world leaders. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365212

Milestone: Rabbi Avraham Levy, 83, British Sephardi leader. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365515

 

 

Inyanay Diyoma

 

 

Despicable UN Vote our capitol is not occupation. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365219

 

Iran warns of spy plane with drone. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365232

 

N. Korea orders new ICBM Missiles. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365229

 

Time for Teshuva after Sefer Torah falls. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365221

 

Top Rabbi calls Knesset Speaker infected. https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-rabbi-calls-gay-knesset-speaker-ohana-infected-blames-him-for-meron-disaster/

 

ISIS causes deadly attack in Ismailia. https://www.timesofisrael.com/islamic-state-claims-deadly-attack-in-ismailia-first-in-mainland-egypt-in-3-years/

 

Netanyahu sends condolences to Vatican ex-Pope dies. https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-offers-condolences-for-death-of-former-pope-recounts-israel-visit/

 

Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway said she felt a great responsibility to accurately portray a Jewish mother in Armageddon Time. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/12/30/actress-anne-hathaway-says-she-was-nervous-to-play-jewish-mother-in-new-film-armageddon-time/

 

Ukraine downs 16 Iranian Drones. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/12/30/ukrainian-air-force-shoots-down-16-iranian-manufactured-drones-during-overnight-russian-attacks/

 

Antisemite defeated in AZ. https://www.timesofisrael.com/recount-finalizes-defeat-of-4th-arizona-republican-whose-candidacy-unsettled-jews/

 

Transfer of security from army to police delayed as they are not ready. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365213

 

Friday member of Lion’s Den captured in Schem. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365188

 

Flts from China to be monitored for Corona. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365201

 

Heritage Min. resigns from Knesset. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365202

 

Israel plans Oxygen on the Moon. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-pens-plan-for-belt-of-solar-panels-on-moon-to-power-oxygen-production/

 

UK Chief Rabbi knighted. https://www.timesofisrael.com/enormously-honored-uk-chief-rabbi-knighted-by-king-charles/

 

Vandals for the 4th time attack Holocaust Memorial. https://www.timesofisrael.com/vandals-desecrate-holocaust-memorial-in-thessaloniki-greece-for-the-4th-time/

 

Many years ago there was a brilliant person who thought that he could commit the perfect crime – he was caught. In is a teen boy and girl decided to murder somebody but they were later caught. The murders in ID appear to be the same. https://www.timesofisrael.com/criminology-phd-student-suspected-in-mysterious-murders-of-4-idaho-college-students/

 

The UK was in favor of “whacking” Osama Bin Laden months before the attacks of September 11, 2001. https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-backed-whacking-bin-laden-months-before-9-11-attacks/

 

Did Iranian Drones practice an attack on a model of an Israeli Ship? https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-726331

 

New Finance Minister less taxes less raises in essential services. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365268

 

Man with Machete stabs NYPD officers. https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-nypd-officers-stabbed-machete-near-times-square

 

1 Dead 9 Wounded on just before New Year. https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-years-eve-shooting-south-alabama-leaves-1-dead-9-injured

 

Nancy Grace on ID killer. https://www.foxnews.com/media/nancy-grace-dissects-revelations-idaho-murders-suspect-went-intent-kill

 

Netanyahu to transfer $30Billion to Arab Sector. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365238

 

Israel is ranked 4th in Economic Growth. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365245

 

Damascus Airport up and running after an attack on Iranian Planes. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365282

 

IDF demolishes home of two terrorists. 2 Shachidim both 17 with automatic weapons. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365287

 

2022 terrorists killed 31 all attacks up. https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/01/01/in-grim-2022-totals-idf-counts-31-killed-in-terrorist-attacks-uptick-in-shootings-firebombings/

 

Italian Jews infuriated at Parliament Speaker. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/12/29/italian-jews-infuriated-by-parliament-speakers-celebration-of-fascist-partys-founding/

 

Homosexual speaker defended by Benjamin Netanyahu criticized a tirade against Ohana by the head of the Kisei Rachamim Yeshiva, Rabbi Meir Mazuz. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365281

 

New Poll both coalition and opposition fail to get a majority. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/c365284

 

Netanyahu to visit UAE. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365292

 

Ofra Haza named one of the top 200 singers of all time. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365283

 

McCarthy gives in to conservatives to become house speaker.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kevin-mccarthy-makes-major-concession-conservatives-speaker-bid-hangs-thread

 

Transport Minister to order change in ‘fast lane’ on highways if it leaves a few cars benefitting and the rest in a jam. Also cost of monthly cards which rose. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-726449

 

New Defense Director General. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-726446

 

Immigrants must prove that they are staying to get Israeli Passport. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365331

 

Dr. Nadav Sorek, manager of the microbiology laboratory at Assuta Medical Center in Ashdod, said Monday morning that it is only a matter of time before the XBB.1.5 variant of COVID, dubbed the “Kraken,” spreads to Israel. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365304

 

Example of incitement against Charedim. The Druze in the story was transferred because he worked in the kitchen and there was a Kashrus Problem. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-726453

 

Quietly Ben Gvir as Minister visits Har HaBeis. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365341

 

Jerusalem Bomber homes to be demolished. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365343

 

Israeli Soldier died on base by stray bullet accidently discharged. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365346

 

Two Iranian teens face death sentence. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365340

 

A-G opposes Deri. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365334

 

I don’t believe this old wives’ tale of Deri. In a closed session with Shas Knesset members, Deri said, "Netanyahu tricked me with the appointment of Amir Ohana, we thought it would be Yoav Kisch or Dudi Amsalem. We made a mistake in our conduct in the plenary." https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365328

 

An Israeli woman was stabbed to death in western Germany over the weekend. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365300

 

Officer that died in Israeli Military Prison to be considered died in the military. https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-rare-move-idf-to-list-former-intel-officer-who-died-in-jail-as-fallen-soldier/

 

Girl swallows baby tooth into lungs and is miraculous saved in the nick of time. https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-726445

 

IAI-Musk launch Israeli Imaging Satellite into orbit. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-726259

 

Israeli Woman stabbed by an unknown assailant in Rome. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-woman-stabbed-serious-injured-at-rome-train-station-italian-media/

 

Two teens were charged with attempted murder Monday for the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy at a high school in the central city of Rehovot last month. https://www.timesofisrael.com/2-teens-charged-with-attempted-murder-over-stabbing-of-16-year-old-at-rehovot-school/

 

For the 4th Time in 10months Russia replaces invasion general. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-726356

 

Gas Prices high millionaire couple divorce. https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-726344

 

Interest Rates go highest in 15years. https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/banking-and-finance/article-726404

 

2030 Charedim to become 16% of Israeli Population. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-726394

 

Israeli FM a go between with Blinken/Lavrov. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365359

 

Arab woman caught with knife. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/police-palestinian-woman-arrested-with-knife-at-hebron-checkpoint/

 

Identity of soldier killed by stray bullet. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365353

 

40 Injured in cash between truck and bus on highway 1. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365351

 

Netanyahu postpones UAE visit. https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-726510

 

Attack in Londonstan. https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/01/02/jewish-londoner-slashed-while-walking-with-wife-and-infant-child/

 

39 Iranian Drones downed in airstrike on Ukraine. https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/01/02/ukraine-says-39-iranian-made-drones-downed-in-new-russian-strikes/

 

Woman who wrote on Social Media against Bennett fired from her job. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365280

 

Counter Terrorist Maccabee Brigade disbands. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365260

 

MK Yitzchak Kroizer visits Ramat Arbel. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365288

 

Israel’s new Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich (Religious Zionist Party) ordered ministry officials Sunday to draw up plans to nullify two taxes imposed by the previous government, targeting disposable cutlery and dishes, as well as sugary soft drinks. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365268

 

Commander censured for friendly fire incident. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365285

 

Republicans want to investigate the hat starts burning on the head of thief – Meta and Trump. https://www.timesofisrael.com/meta-reportedly-to-decide-soon-whether-trump-can-return-to-facebook-instagram/

 

Poland the dispute over students resolved. https://www.timesofisrael.com/poland-dispute-over-holocaust-school-trips-content-resolved-says-outgoing-minister/

 

Lula is now president of Brazil. https://www.timesofisrael.com/lula-sworn-in-as-president-to-lead-polarized-brazil-after-bolsonaro-leaves-for-us/

 

Israeli Arabs hold west bank Arab-Police release. https://www.timesofisrael.com/police-rescue-palestinian-kidnapped-and-held-for-ransom-in-israel-suspects-arrested/

 

Rabbi accused of assault. https://www.timesofisrael.com/safed-rabbi-jailed-for-slew-of-sex-offenses-released-from-prison-amid-protests/

 

Law of Return. The “Grandchild Clause” in the Law of Return should be amended without legislation, Aliyah and Integration Minister Ofir Sofer said Monday. https://www.jpost.com/aliyah/article-726409 

 

Analysis of Russia’s war strategy. https://www.jpost.com/aliyah/article-726409

 

Ukraine damages Russian Power Output. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-726387

 

What is middle class in 20 US cities. FL is the best place. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/02/middle-class-income-in-major-us-cities.html

 

Most Israelis think that Netanyahu failed in negotiations. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-726528

 

Aguda protests NYT. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-orthodox-group-launches-campaign-against-new-york-times-yeshiva-coverage/

 

Gaza Rocket falls short. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/skcmoggcs

 

Yeted Neeman, Chief Rabbis criticize Ben Gvir. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/skcmoggcs

 

Russia to modernize Nuclear warheads. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-726527

 

Requiem for America as they are no longer willing to fight. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365398

 

Netanyahu to freeze price increases. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365402

 

KY releases antisemitism report. https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-726570

 

Most Punctual Airlines in the world. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-726586

 

A Revolutionary Guard Officer shat dead in Tehran. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365377

 

Romanian city votes to leave bust of Nazi. https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-726575

 

Tesla in auto-drive causes police chase. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-726546

 

Nostradamus prediction for 2023. https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-726417

 

Ben Gvir faces Korban Pesach extremists. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ben-gvir-faces-dilemma-as-activists-ask-to-hold-passover-sacrifice-on-temple-mount/

 

Orlando Police investigate. https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/01/03/orlando-police-investigating-antisemitic-message-flashed-in-downtown-area-on-new-years-eve/

 

Guilty of Fraud. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ftx-founder-sam-bankman-fried-pleads-not-guilty-to-fraud-in-us-crypto-currency-case/

 

Ed-Op it might be a blunder to try to stop Iran. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bjp1ovl9s

 

Amdocs fires 3% of workers. https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/bj4shoeco

 

Refugees from Gaza. https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/hy7vezm5s

 

Subway attacker on terrorism charges. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365389

 

Terry McCarthy is more like Charley McCarthy. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365382

 

2MK’s in dispute with Gov. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365385

 

At least nine casualties along with a number of wounded as two vehicles exploded simultaneously in central Somalia Wednesday. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365400

 

DNA to help diagnose disease. https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-726705

 

Injection to kill/cure brain cancer cells. https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-726643

 

Cyber-bully was her own mother. https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-726595

 

Hair strengthening formula removed by health ministry. https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-726706

 

A mafia shooting attacks and a car explosion on  Thursday Night. BDE a teen was stabbed to death. https://www.timesofisrael.com/rishon-lezion-teen-in-critical-condition-after-being-stabbed/

 

Shooting in the Shomron: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365496

 

Netanyahu had two Polyps Removed. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365522

 

Machete attack on Lakewood Jews. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365510

 

Oman’s new leader moves closer to Iran. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365511

 

After the arrest of El Chapo’s son, cartels burn a car. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365512

 

Average Tik Tok viewer sees Nazi Propaganda. https://www.timesofisrael.com/jan-6-commission-average-tiktoker-sees-nazi-content-after-75-minutes/

 

Beijing Covid surges. https://www.timesofisrael.com/beds-run-out-at-beijing-hospital-as-china-covid-surge-continues/

 

Deri’s plea bargain works against him: https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-hearing-high-court-justices-skeptical-of-deris-defense-of-minister-role/

 

Admiral appointed IDF spokesman. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/365490

 

2 extreme leftists try to get woman into men’s area at Kotel and attack Kotel worker. https://www.timesofisrael.com/2-men-attack-western-wall-worker-who-stopped-them-bringing-women-to-male-section/

 

Amazon to cut 18,000 jobs. https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/all-news/article-726697

 

Football Player with Cardiac Arrest has some good vital signs. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/damar-hamlin-appears-neurologically-intact-team-teammate-adds-player-awake

 

Iran jails celeb chef on anniversary of general’s death. https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-jails-celebrity-chef-who-posted-cutlets-video-on-soleimani-killing-anniversary/

 

Morocco delays opening embassy. https://www.timesofisrael.com/morocco-said-delaying-tel-aviv-embassy-amid-demands-israel-back-western-sahara-claim/

 

A healthy, restful and wonderful Shabbos,

Rachamim Pauli