Friday, November 5, 2021

Parsha Toldos, two stories, news

 

B”H the surgeon is pleased with my recovery and said that I needed six weeks that end on Wednesday. From Wednesday onwards, you can remove my name from your pray for the ill list.

 

 

Parsha Toldos

 

 

Last week we ended with the burial of Avraham by Yitzchak and Yishmael. We are taking a trip back in time when Avraham is 160 years old and he has two grandsons.

 

25:19 And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begot Isaac. 20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah, the daughter of Bethuel the Aramean, of Paddan-aram, the sister of Laban the Aramean, to be his wife. 

 

He was forty. According to Rashi, Rivka was 3 and not capable of giving birth. According to Ibn Ezra she was 14 at the time.

 

21 And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren; and the LORD let Himself be entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived. 

 

Sara, Rivka, Rachel are barren because G-D wants the prayers of Tzaddikim.

 

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said: 'If it be so, wherefore do I live?' And she went to inquire of the LORD. 

 

When she passed by the Beis Medrash there was kicking in her womb and when she passed by the house of idols there was kicking in her womb and she was confused.

 

23 And the LORD said unto her: Two nations are in thy womb, and two peoples shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. 

 

This was going to be more than a mother giving birth to twins but to two nations.

 

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb. 25 And the first came forth ruddy, all over like a hairy mantle; and they called his name Esau. 

 

Hairy like grass sprouting from him.

 

26 And after that came forth his brother, and his hand had hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob.

 

Yacov for he grabbed the heel of his brother.

 

And Isaac was threescore years old when she bore them. 27 And the boys grew; and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a quiet man, dwelling in tents. 

 

Esav loved sports, the hunt and on the day Avraham died, killed Nimrod and stole the skin that the L-RD made for Adam. He had relations with an engaged (semi-married) woman, ate a limb from a living animal with blood in it. All in all 5 sins.

 

28 Now Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison; and Rebekah loved Jacob. 29 And Jacob sod pottage; and Esau came in from the field, and he was faint. 

 

The red lentils or beans were for Yitzchak who had just buried Avraham.

 

30 And Esau said to Jacob: 'Let me swallow, I pray thee, some of this red, red pottage; for I am faint.' Therefore was his name called Edom. 

 

Give me this red and modern pronunciation Adom is red so he is called Edom.

 

31 And Jacob said: 'Sell me first thy birthright.' 32 And Esau said: 'Behold, I am at the point to die; and what profit shall the birthright do to me?' 

 

He was not about to die but completely exhausted from his hunting, murder, adultery, etc.

 

33 And Jacob said: 'Swear to me first'; and he swore unto him; and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. 34 And Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way. So Esau despised his birthright.

 

He got bread and swallowed down the pottage quickly despite the heat.

 

26:1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. 2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said: 'Go not down unto Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of. 

 

Why not Egypt? For the very moment that one goes into Egypt the days of slavery will start even if it is in the generation. The only reason slavery was delayed was the righteousness of the brothers who stayed off the Gezaira.

 

3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath which I swore unto Abraham thy father; 4 and I will multiply thy seed as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these lands; and by thy seed shall all the nations of the earth bless themselves; 5 because that Abraham hearkened to My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.' 

 

Yitzchak shall inherit the land for his seed like Avraham.

 

6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar. 7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said: 'She is my sister'; for he feared to say: 'My wife'; 'lest the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah, because she is fair to look upon.' 

 

When in the 1990’s Saddam Hussein looked at a general’s wife she was divorced immediately as a safety precaution for he would kill the husband and do what he wanted to the widow. All the more so in the idolatry culture of the Plishtim.

 

8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife. 9 And Abimelech called Isaac, and said: 'Behold, of a surety she is thy wife; and how said thou: She is my sister?' And Isaac said unto him: 'Because I said: Lest I die because of her.' 

 

This you might say only existed in the days of idol worshippers. But even in our time we have seen Saddam Hussein invite generals and their wives to his palace. If Saddam looked too much at a wife, the wise generals would divorce the hapless woman who became a pet of the leader by hook or by crook and usually thrown to the dogs afterwards. Those who did not divorce died. So those who understand will understand.

 

10 And Abimelech said: 'What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might easily have lain with thy wife, and thou wouldt have brought guiltiness upon us.' 11 And Abimelech charged all the people, saying: 'He that touches this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.' 

 

Like what happened to Avraham happened again to Yitzchak and then problems occurred over the wells too.

 

12 And Isaac sowed in that land, and found in the same year a hundredfold; and the LORD blessed him. 13 And the man waxed great, and grew more and more until he became very great. 

 

He received a Bracha from HASHEM that made this happen in a miraculous way.

 

14 And he had possessions of flocks, and possessions of herds, and a great household; and the Philistines envied him. 15 Now all the wells which his father's servants had dug in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth. 16 And Abimelech said unto Isaac: 'Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.' … 20 And the herdsmen of Gerar strove with Isaac's herdsmen, saying: 'The water is ours.' And he called the name of the well Esek; because they contended with him. 21 And they dug another well, and they strove for that also. And he called the name of it Sitnah. 

 

Names like fight and hate.

 

22 And he removed from thence, and dug another well; and for that they strove not. And he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said: 'For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.' 

 

This well was wide.

 

23 And he went up from thence to Beersheva. 24 And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said: 'I am the God of Abraham thy father. Fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for My servant Abraham's sake.' 25 And he built an altar there, and called upon the name of the LORD, and pitched his tent there; and there Isaac's servants dug a well. 26 Then Abimelech went to him from Gerar, and Ahuzzath his friend, and Phicol the captain of his host. 

 

Their success was waning heading for a nadir because of the missing Tzadik.

 

27 And Isaac said unto them: 'Wherefore are ye come unto me, seeing ye hate me, and have sent me away from you?' 28 And they said: 'We saw plainly that the LORD was with thee; and we said: Let there now be an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee; 29 that thou wilt do us no hurt, as we have not touched thee, and as we have done unto thee nothing but good, and have sent thee away in peace; thou art now the blessed of the LORD.' 30 And he made them a feast, and they did eat and drink. 31 And they rose up betimes in the morning, and swore one to another; and Isaac sent them away, and they departed from him in peace. 

 

Sort of a forced peace treaty of the many on the few.

 

32 And it came to pass the same day, that Isaac's servants came, and told him concerning the well which they had dug, and said unto him: 'We have found water.' 33 And he called it Shibah. Therefore, the name of the city is Beersheva unto this day. 

 

The original well of swearing was outside of the city closer to Omer of today or south of the city but the new well was inside the city.

 

34 And when Esau was forty years old, he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Basemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite. 35 And they were a bitterness of spirit unto Isaac and to Rebekah. 

 

She did not like the ways of the people of Canaan and these women were against her upbringing.

 

27:1 And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his elder son, and said unto him: 'My son'; and he said unto him: 'Here am I.' 2 And he said: 'Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death. 3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me venison; 4 and make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.' 

 

Since Sara had died at 127, Yitzchak was with a cataract or some other disease that made him blind. He was now 123 five years before his mother died so he blessed his children.

 

5 And Rebekah heard when Isaac spoke to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it. 6 And Rebekah spoke unto Jacob her son, saying: 'Behold, I heard thy father speak unto Esau thy brother, saying: 7 Bring me venison, and make me savory food, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death. 8 Now therefore, my son, hearken to my voice according to that which I command thee. 9 Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savory food for thy father, such as he loveth; 10 and thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eat, so that he may bless thee before his death.' 11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother: 'Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man. 12 My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a mocker; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing.' 13 And his mother said unto him: 'Upon me be thy curse, my son; only hearken to my voice, and go fetch me them.' 14 And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother; and his mother made savory food, such as his father loved. 15 And Rebekah took the choicest garments of Esau her elder son, which were with her in the house, and put them upon Jacob her younger son. 16 And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck. 17 And she gave the savory food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob. 

 

Esav put on a good show for his father, but a mother who raises children from infancy knows the children and their nature.

 

18 And he came unto his father, and said: 'My father'; and he said: 'Here am I; who art thou, my son?' 19 And Jacob said unto his father: 'I am Esau thy first-born; I have done according as thou bade me. Arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.' 20 And Isaac said unto his son: 'How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son?' And he said: 'Because the LORD thy God sent me good speed.' 

 

Yitzchak was a firm believer in HASHEM and miracles and help from heaven. (see the flavoring story below)

 

21 And Isaac said unto Jacob: 'Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not.' 22 And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said: 'The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau.' 

 

Not only the hands but the scruff of his neck. The voice of Yacov is prayer and the hands of Esav are for war.

 

23 And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands; so he blessed him. 24 And he said: 'Art thou my very son Esau?' And he said: 'I am.' 25 And he said: 'Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee.' And he brought it near to him, and he did eat; and he brought him wine, and he drank. 

 

One thing that I learn from here is that the taste of goat prepared correctly is very similar to venison that I have never tasted and perhaps the same for goat as usually I have had lamb.

 

26 And his father Isaac said unto him: 'Come near now, and kiss me, my son.' 27 And he came near, and kissed him. And he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said: See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed. 

 

Esav rubbed the scent of flowers into the garments that he served his father with.

 

28 So God give thee of the dew of heaven, and of the fat places of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine. 29 Let peoples serve thee, and nations bow down to thee. Be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee. Cursed be every one that curses thee, and blessed be every one that blessed thee. 30 And it came to pass, as soon as Isaac had made an end of blessing Jacob, and Jacob was yet scarce gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother came in from his hunting. 

 

Esav’s garments were replaced and it was like nothing happened.

 

31 And he also made savory food, and brought it unto his father; and he said unto his father: 'Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.' 32 And Isaac his father said unto him: 'Who art thou?' And he said: 'I am thy son, thy first-born, Esau.' 33 And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said: 'Who then is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before thou came, and have blessed him? yea, and he shall be blessed.' 

 

He realized that the blessing meant so much to Yacov to do this that he did not curse him but let the blessing stay. The trembling was because he saw a vision of

 

34 When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with an exceeding great and bitter cry, and said unto his father: 'Bless me, even me also, O my father.' 

 

Haman was to make Mordechai cry out as Haman was from Amalek from Esav.

 

35 And he said: 'Thy brother came with guile, and hath taken away thy blessing.' 36 And he said: 'Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing.' And he said: 'Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?' 

 

Yitzchak did not know that Esav has sold his first born status for porridge.

 

…And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. 39 And Isaac his father answered and said unto him: Behold, of the fat places of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and of the dew of heaven from above; 40 And by thy sword shalt thou live, and thou shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt break loose, that thou shalt shake his yoke from off thy neck. 

 

Yacov’s blessing was the dew from heaven then the earth, Esav is the opposite.

 

41 And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him. And Esau said in his heart: 'Let the days of mourning for my father be at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.' 42 And the words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah; and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him: 'Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee. 

 

Rivka warns Yacov of Esav’s plot to kill him so he is told to flee but with guise.

 

43 Now therefore, my son, hearken to my voice; and arise, flee thou to Laban my brother to Haran; 44 and tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away; 

 

A few days – actually Yacov learned with Shem and Ever 14  years and 20 years with Lavan until he met Esav who was still full of enough hatred to murder him.

 

45 until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him; then I will send, and fetch thee from thence; why should I be bereaved of you both in one day?' 

 

Rivka was unsure if Yitzchak would did soon or not.

 

46 And Rebekah said to Isaac: 'I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth. If Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these, of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?'

 

My life is not worth much with my son marrying these good for nothing Hittites. Hint about marrying somebody with proper family background as Avraham had done for Yitzchak.

 

28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him: 'Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. 2 Arise, go to Paddan-aram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a congregation of peoples; 4 and give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land of thy sojourning, which God gave unto Abraham.' 

 

This time it was a special blessing for a good Shidduch in the land of his forefathers of good family. There was no deception, the blessing was for Yacov.

 

5 And Isaac sent away Jacob; and he went to Paddan-aram unto Laban, son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, Jacob's and Esau's mother. 

 

Yacov is fulfilling a number of Mitzvos. First, he is saving a life, his. Second, he is out for a Sidduch with a woman of good stock.

 

6 Now Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob and sent him away to Paddan-aram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying: 'Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan'; 7 and that Jacob hearkened to his father and his mother, and was gone to Paddan-aram; 

 

Even though he went against the old man on almost everything behind his back. He wanted to please his father. Third, his brother’s temper will calm down.

 

8 and Esau saw that the of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father; 

 

He finally understood that his mother was angry at him for marrying Hittites.

 

9 so Esau went unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives that he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebaioth, to be his wife.

 

Esav was not stupid he saw their reaction and repented to have a better wife. He should have married Leah but her crying and praying made her worthy to mother half the tribes.

 

 

Nazis made Jewish Boxers fight for their lives. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/01/the-nazis-made-jewish-boxers-fight-for-their-lives/

 

 

Gino Bartali cycling champion and hero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gino_Bartali

 

 

Gino Bartali Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI (Italian pronunciation: [ˈdʒiːno ˈbartali]; 18 July 1914 – 5 May 2000), nicknamed Gino the Pious and (in Italy) Ginettaccio, was a champion road cyclist. He was the most renowned Italian cyclist before the Second World War, having won the Giro d'Italia twice, in 1936 and 1937, and the Tour de France in 1938. After the war, he added one more victory in each event: the Giro d'Italia in 1946 and the Tour de France in 1948. His second and last Tour de France victory in 1948 gave him the largest gap between victories in the race

 

Bartali earned respect for his work in helping Jews who were being persecuted by the Nazis during the time of the Italian Social Republic. It emerged in December 2010 that Bartali had hidden a Jewish family in his cellar and, according to one of the survivors, saved their lives in doing so.

Bartali used his fame to carry messages and documents to the Italian Resistance. Bartali cycled from Florence through Tuscany, Umbria, and Marche, many times traveling as far afield as Assisi, all the while wearing the racing jersey emblazoned with his name. Neither the Fascist police nor the German troops risked discontent by arresting him.

Giorgio Nissim, a Jewish accountant from Pisa, was a member of DELASEM, founded by the Union of the Israelitic Communities to help Jewish Italians escape persecution. The network in Tuscany was discovered in autumn 1943 and all Jewish members except Nissim sent to concentration camps. With the help of the Archbishops of Genoa Pietro Boetto and Florence Elia Dalla Costa, the Franciscan Friars of Assisi and others, Nissim reorganized DELASEM in Tuscany and helped 800 survive.

Nissim died in 2000. His sons found from his diaries that Bartali had used his fame to help. Nissim and the Oblati Friars of Lucca forged documents and needed photographs of those they were helping. Bartali used to leave Florence in the morning, pretending to train, ride to Assisi where many Jews were hiding in the Franciscan convents, collect their photographs and ride back to Nissim. At Assisi Bartali was in direct contact with Rufino NiccacciBartali also used his position to learn about raids on safehouses.

Bartali was eventually taken to Villa Triste in Florence. The SD and the Italian RSS official Mario Carità questioned Bartali, threatening his life. In spite of any threats, Bartali did not reveal what he had done. Even after the war he never boasted his merits; he used to say: "The good is done, but it is not said. And certain medals hang on the soul, not on the jacket."

Bartali continued working with the Assisi Network. In 1943, he led Jewish refugees towards the Swiss Alps himself. He cycled, pulling a wagon with a secret compartment, telling patrols it was just part of his training. Bartali told his son Andrea only that "One does these things and then that's that".

In June 2012, a book about Bartali's wartime activities, Road To Valor by Aili and Andres McConnon, was published.

In 2013, Yad Vashem awarded Gino Bartali the honor Righteous Among the NationsHe is a central figure in the 2014 documentary My Italian Secret: The Forgotten Heroes. In 2007, the script for a movie based on Bartali during World War II, called Lion Man of Tuscany was on the Black List, a survey of the "most liked" un-produced scripts in Hollywood. Story brought to my attention by Josh Perlowitz.

 

 

Heavenly Porridge by R. Yerachmiel Tilles

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=1247-09

 

 

Rabbi David of Lelov once came to the house of his friend who lived in a nearby village, intending to travel with him to visit their Rebbe, the Chozeh ('Seer') of Lublin, as was their custom. This friend, who was as poor as he was pious, hastened to ask his wife to prepare a meal in honor of the worthy guest who had just arrived. The poor woman did not know which way to turn. The pantry was bare, except for a little flour, nor was there firewood. How could she prepare a meal?

 

She went out to the forest and gathered some dry twigs for firewood, then mixed her bit of flour with water, having neither oil nor spices to improve the taste, boiled it and served this unpretentious dish to the two Tzadikim. They finished their meal and set out for Lublin.

 

When Reb David eventually came home, he told his wife "When I was at my friend's house in the village, I was served some kind of delicacy, and in it I really tasted the taste of the Garden of Eden".

 

The Rebbetzin knew how far removed her husband was from delighting in the pleasures of This World, so she set off at once to that village, to find out from the woman who lived there just how she prepared the dish which her husband had praised so highly.

 

The woman told her of her circumstances, and how she had been utterly without anything which could add flavor or fragrance to the sorry mixture. While she was preparing it, therefore, she had addressed the Al-mighty as follows: "Master of the Universe! You know full well that I would not have spared the rarest of delicacies in order to provide a meal worthy of the visiting Tzadik; but what can I do when I have nothing in the house? But You, Master of the Universe, You have a Garden of Eden. So please, won't you add a touch of the flavor of the Garden of Eden into this simple mixture I am cooking, so that the Tzadik will enjoy what I have prepared?"

 

The woman concluded: "It seems that the Almighty heard my prayer, and that is why your husband the Tzadik tasted the flavor of the Garden of Eden."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source: Supplemented by Yerachmiel Tilles from A Treasury of Chassidic Tales on the Festivals by Rabbi S.Y. Zevin, as translated by R. Uri Kaploun.

Connection: Weekly reading: "He [Yaakov] brought him [Yitzchak] wine and he drank" (Gen. 27:25).
Midrash Tan'huma Yashan: "From where did Jacob have wine? The Archangel Michael brought him wine for the Garden of Eden."

Biographical note:
Rabbi David Biederman of Lelov (1746 - 7 Shvat 1814) was a close follower of the "Seer" of Lublin. He was known for his extraordinary compassion for, and inability to see faults in, his fellow Jews. His main disciple was Rabbi Yitzchak of Vorki, whose son, Yaakov David, was the first Amshinov Rebbe. Two printed collections of stories about him are Migdal David and Kodesh Halulim.

 

 

Inyanay Diyoma

 

 

Getting ready for a full scale northern front war. https://www.debka.com/massive-israel-drills-launched-to-simulate-major-war-offensive-by-iran-and-proxies/

 

Daytime attack on Hezballah supply route. https://www.debka.com/reported-israel-missile-attack-targets-syrian-lebanon-highway-hizballah-sites/

 

Analysis of the last article Ben Yishai. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sysc5hiik

 

What the booster shot does: https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/10/31/pfizer-covid-19-booster-shot-reduces-hospitalizations-by-93-mortality-by-81-israel-us-study/

 

Blinken’s Hopeless optimism. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/10/31/us-says-it-is-in-talks-with-allies-on-getting-iran-to-agree-to-nuclear-deal/

 

Iran’s human abuse must be addressed. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/10/29/irans-atrocious-human-rights-record-must-be-addressed-before-new-nuclear-talks/

 

Biden – US will respond if attacked. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316062

 

Israel’s ability to attack Iran is vital – Eiland. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bjjtioliy

 

CT Public Schools to discuss antisemitism. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/10/29/connecticut-public-school-to-address-pattern-of-behavior-after-swastika-again-found/

 

Israel welcomes back tourists. https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-first-time-in-20-months-israel-welcomes-back-vaccinated-tourists/

 

Bennett goes to Scotland before budget. https://www.timesofisrael.com/heading-to-glasgow-bennett-says-desperate-opposition-will-fail-to-foil-budget/

 

Cyber command warned supplier of possible hack. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-cyber-authority-says-it-warned-hosting-company-it-was-vulnerable-to-hack/

 

IDF general interviews in Bahrain. https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-1st-ever-interview-to-bahraini-paper-idf-general-threatens-iran/

 

Two WOKE Jews want Google to boycott Israel. https://www.timesofisrael.com/two-jewish-employees-behind-push-to-cancel-googles-1-2-billion-israel-contract/

 

Does Israel need a pre-emptive strike? https://www.timesofisrael.com/spotlight/an-israeli-pre-emptive-strike-on-iran/

 

Inquiry into murky submarine deal. https://www.timesofisrael.com/gantz-submits-formal-proposal-for-government-inquiry-into-murky-submarine-deal/

 

London Synagogue defaced. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316071

 

Neo-Nazi protest Youngkin in VA. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316073

 

Pally State pre-rec. for Saudis. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316073

 

Arab occupiers ordered out of Jewish homes. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316064

 

Born a Jew and buried as a Jew despite being a priest. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316045

 

Japan no joking matter 10 injured. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316041

 

I always check a gun by cocking it twice and checking with a finger that no bullet is inside. Israeli ex-special unit says why no live ammo should ever be on a movie set. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316010

 

Israel and Russia are working to reconstruct Syria and force out Iran. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bytivcd8k

 

PA on verge of financial collapse. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sklkvx00ly

 

Congolese Israeli model to become a citizen. https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/hyvhladly

 

Jenin a ticking time bomb. https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/bk5dotdut

 

Lt. Col. Reserves allowed to continue with Alpine Div. despite his anti-vax stance. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316057

 

Kashrus inspector attacked by angry Bedouin. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316051

 

Trading Yerushalayim for US Visas. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316056

 

Chabad Emissaries 5782. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316061

 

Gunshots near St. Louis Mayor. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316033

 

Corruption in the media. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316036

 

After 3 years Israel has a budget. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316281

 

Pentagon, China will have 1000 nukes by 2030. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316257

Israeli raids Syria Tues/Wed. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bkn8dskvy

 

Giant Blimp missile and rocket detector. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-prepares-to-launch-giant-missile-detecting-balloon-over-north/

 

Nazi flag in N. Shomron. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hjnbi00ik

 

Iran talks to resume on UN declaration of Israel day. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/rjuehvxpf

 

Senior EU official Iran not peaceful. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316288

 

Rocket Sirens across Israel in drill. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/rjv5n31vf

 

Six Day War Munitions uncovered. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hypkk2aly

 

Fishman – Unlikely Partnership of Israel and Russia in Syria. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/h1xvjqalf

 

Saudis pointless dealing with Hezballah. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hksjifauk

 

Climate Conference Johnson apologies to disabled Energy Minister. https://www.timesofisrael.com/elharrar-in-wheelchair-joins-bennett-at-cop26-after-mondays-entry-debacle/

 

US black lists two Israeli Cyber Companies. https://www.debka.com/the-us-blacklists-israels-nso-and-candiru-spyware-firms/

 

Biden did not respond to drone attack by Iran. Drops demand for stopping Ballistic Missiles. How reliable is he? https://www.debka.com/biden-switches-back-to-obama-mode-over-nuclear-armed-iran/

 

Twitter is antisemitic. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/03/is-antisemitism-official-policy-at-twitter-new-middle-east-north-africa-editorial-curation-lead-shared-jew-hatred/

 

Buffalo NY write-in defeats socialist. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buffalo-mayor-write-in-candidate-declares-victory-over-aoc-backed-socialist

 

Despite weather swings NB bumper crop. https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/nebraska-farmers-on-track-for-record-high-harvest-despite-wild-weather-swings

 

GWU desecration of Sefer Torah. Outcry Over Desecration of Torah Scroll in ‘Disturbing’ Vandalism at George Washington University Fraternity | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

 

Far leftist in France defends antisemitism of far rightist. ‘These Traditions Are Linked to Judaism’: French Far-Left Leader Mélenchon Offers Bizarre Defense of Far-Right Pundit Over Charge of Antisemitism | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

 

Yesterday (Monday) a helicopter carrier docked in the port of Eilat carrying hundreds of U.S. service members from the U.S. Forward Expeditionary Force and the U.S. Marine Corps Forces CENTCOM. The U.S. troops will participate in a two week-long multi-force training exercise alongside the Counter-Terrorism Unit, commando units and exposure and strikes forces who train in open and dense urban areas.

The exercise is led by the Ground Forces as a component of the cooperation between the IDF and U.S. CENTCOM.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-centcom-launch-joint-amphibious-exercise-in-eilat/

 

3 new Bedouin towns. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316237

 

Interview with ID Senator on Iran. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/03/thoughts-on-iran-after-speaking-with-sen-james-risch/

 

Democratic Socialists against Dem supporting Israel. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/03/wisconsin-dsa-chapter-demands-expulsion-of-us-rep-jamaal-bowman-over-support-for-aid-to-israel/

 

NY Gov. bans symbols of hate. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/03/new-york-gov-signs-bill-banning-municipal-institutions-from-displaying-symbols-of-hate/

 

Ethiopia: The Flasha Community claims all Jews have migrated to Israel. The Flashmura community keeps claiming relatives but these are mostly non-Jews who want to upgrade their status and are undergoing conversion. Reports are that when a white Rabbi visits they don Kipos and pray but otherwise have nothing to do with the subject and as more immigrate to Israel, suddenly more exist in Ethiopia. Each time the claim is that these people are last known people.

As civil war mounts in Ethiopia Min. wants fast-track. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/03/israels-minister-of-aliyah-tamano-shata-asks-pm-to-fast-track-evacuation-of-ethiopian-jews-as-civil-war-escalates/

 

US asks Israel’s help in reversing Coup in Sudan. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-asked-israel-to-urge-sudans-military-chief-to-reverse-coup-report/

 

1986 double murder Confession by group. https://www.timesofisrael.com/suspect-said-to-confess-to-unsolved-1986-murder-after-meeting-hasidic-cult-rabbi/ And I had a friend who thought that the Rabbi was a great man. This cult-Rabbi committed Adultery, gave orders for murder and swindled money out of brain-dead patient’s families. So far 3 or the 4 things that brought on the flood.

 

Senate confirms Ambassador. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316277

 

2 unvaccinated brothers die hours apart. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316273

 

After no reaction on drone attack and will allow ballistic testing, Iran goes and seizes Vietnamese Tanker. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316283

 

Canadian HS compares police to Hitler. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316262

 

VA people choose lower taxes, better schooling, more freedom. https://www.timesofisrael.com/republican-youngkin-wins-virginia-governor-race-in-vote-seen-as-biden-referendum/

 

Upper East Side Rabbi starts on community after being fired. https://www.timesofisrael.com/fired-park-east-rabbi-holding-rival-services-blocks-from-his-old-synagogue/

 

Jewish Pitcher clinches Braves World Series Victory. https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-ace-max-fried-pitches-atlanta-braves-to-world-series-title/

 

Breakdown of Orthodox Vote in NY. https://www.timesofisrael.com/from-borough-park-to-upper-west-side-how-jews-voted-and-fared-in-ny-elections/

 

TAU researchers isolate proteins that Corona attacks blood with. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316252

 

Thousands Demonstrated Tues. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316206

 

Bennett Gates hi-tech meeting. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316188

 

Kidnapped girl found alive. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316289

 

Andrew Yang only one party system. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316298

 

Obama added to racial tension. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316293

 

Bennett is a big change – Egypt. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316287

 

Reform’s monthly provocation at Kotel. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316367

 

Budget for 2022 approved. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hjpoaimpt

 

Parents should make their own choice. https://www.ynetnews.com/health_science/article/02KJNDUJY

 

Suspect in Austin Schul fire. https://news.yahoo.com/seen-man-image-arson-suspect-200503364.html

 

Israel to help Cyprus to monitor border. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/04/israel-to-build-electronic-land-surveillance-system-to-monitor-cyprus-green-line/

 

Three social warriors fight of Israel. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/04/we-are-at-war-jewish-activists-noa-tishby-bari-weiss-and-eve-barlow-discuss-how-social-media-emboldens-antisemitism/

 

IDF and Marines drill against Iranian threat. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/02/idf-and-us-marines-begin-amphibious-training-in-southern-israel-to-prepare-for-confrontation-with-iran/

 

Too many lack bomb shelters. https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/11/02/idf-home-command-imagines-worst-case-war-scenario-as-third-of-israelis-lack-bomb-shelters/

 

Byron White not in left’s agenda to solve. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316319

 

Low life attacks pregnant Jew. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316340

 

GWU now Mezuzah attacked. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316347

 

MK screams don’t touch me. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316350

 

Dr. Sherman Netanyahu Vs. Olmert. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316348

 

Truth vs. hysterical climate change. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316364

 

Can the Charedi join coalition? https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316370

 

Hidden child who never knew his family meets cousin. https://www.timesofisrael.com/holocaust-hidden-child-who-never-knew-his-family-meets-a-cousin-for-first-time/

 

Energy Min. blocks pipeline near Eilat for fear of leaks. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ministry-blocks-uae-pipeline-deal-over-worries-of-leaks-near-eilat/

 

Israelis urged to avoid Ethiopia. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-urges-travelers-to-avoid-ethiopia-as-rebel-forces-near-capital/

 

US approves air to air missiles to Saudis. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-approves-sale-of-advanced-air-to-air-missiles-to-saudi-arabia/

 

Sudan’s Military to release prisoners. https://www.timesofisrael.com/sudans-army-chief-speaks-to-blinken-guterres-agrees-to-release-ministers/

 

New memoir of Natali Wood being assaulted by Kirk Douglas. https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-new-memoir-kirk-douglas-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-natalie-wood/

 

Sick Israeli murdered mother and aunt. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-man-convicted-in-argentina-of-murdering-mother-aunt/

 

Gal Gadot to play wicked queen. https://www.timesofisrael.com/gal-gadot-to-play-evil-queen-in-new-snow-white/

 

Have a good Shabbos, wonderful Chodesh in health and happiness,

Rachamim Pauli