Friday, November 18, 2022

Parsha Chayei Sarah Part 1 minus Shidduch, story, proof of the soul and G-D, news

 http://rabbipauli.blogspot.com/

 

 

Many years ago Yafa used to write Dvrei Torah and sometimes I would print them. Sophia took the time to write this and I snatched it. Because the cry of (the victims of) Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous (Beresheis/Vayera/18:20)

In Sodom, it was decreed: “Whoever hands a piece of bread to a pauper (very poor person) or stranger shall be burned at the stake.”

One daughter of Lot named "Plotit"

was married to one of the leading citizens of Sodom. One day she saw a pauper starving in the street, and her soul was saddened by him. What did she do?

Every day, when she went to draw water from the well, she would take some of the food from her home in her pitcher and feed the pauper. But the people of Sodom wondered, “This pauper, how is he surviving?” Eventually, the matter became known and she was arrested and burned in the fire, and her cries rose to the divine throne.

So the cry of (the victims of) Sodom and Gomorrah became so great, and their sins became so very grievous that God decided to bring justice upon them.

(Perkei D’Rabbi Eliezer, ch. 25)

 

 

Parsha Chayei Sarah Part 1 missing the Shidduch

 

 

When we read: Lot hesitated last week, there is a note called a Shalsheles in the Trop that the Baal Koreh knows and it is a very long note.

 

Guest Torah Ed-Op from Rabbi Pinchas Winston (Perceptions torah.org and thirtysix.org) NOACH DID IT in his time. Avraham did it in his. Even Lot did it somewhat in Sdom. Once again, “we” are being challenged, this time on an unprecedented scale. The ways of Sdom are becoming the norm in the Western world where most Diaspora Torah Jews live, and it is becoming increasingly more difficult to sidestep it.

 

This week we open up after the Akedah. I will go into this more below and Sarah’s Death.

The main section of this Parsha deals with what to look into for a Shidduch such as family, character of the maid or youth, financial status etc.

 

23:1 And the life of Sarah was a hundred and seven and twenty years; these were the years of the life of Sarah. 

 

It does not say one hundred and twenty and seven. The Torah is written with this in reverse to teach us that at seven she was pure so at 20 she continued to be pure and she looked like 20 at the age of 100.

 

2 And Sarah died in Kiriatharba--the same is Hebron--in the land of Canaan; and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her. 

 

There is a bit of a discrepancy between the Pshat and the Drash. 22:19 So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba. Was close to the last Pshat we learned. Now I took the liberty of looking up the road distance Beer Sheva to Chevron and it is 23 miles or 43 kilometers. That is shorter than JFK to Newark or Fort Lauderdale to Miami International Airport. But still by Donkey or walking almost a day’s journey. Avraham and Yitzchak would have to travel 18.3 miles or 28.3 km to reach Chevron.

 

How does the Midrash deal with this discrepancy? It says that Sara left Beer Sheva upon learning that had gone up the Mountain with Yitzchak on his way to Yerushalayim. The Satan told her that Avraham was going to sacrifice Yitzchak on Har HaMoriah. The shortest and quickest way to Yerushalayim is via Chevron. Sara was trying to “head ‘em’ off at the pass”. When the Satan (Angel of Death) brought her the news that he saw Yitzchak bound on the Mizbayach, her soul left her.

 

Even though the Parshiyos are close together (hence the Medrash) there is no early and no late in the Torah so this could be weeks, months and years after the Akedah in Pshat. I have no personal knowledge of what really transpired and I only report what I learned.

 

I discussed this with my nephew, Menashe, he thinks it is no difficulty that they found out about Sara upon their return via Chevron. I also want to add that both Avraham and Sara were known public figures after the war of the kings and the miraculous birth of Yitzchak and therefore it was easy enough to notify Avraham that Sara had passed on.

 

Still we don’t know if Avraham returned to Beer Sheva “Many Days” for we see that Yitzchak is in a field near Chevron when he meets Rivka.

 

Menashe did his homework and told me essentially that I did not do mine. Rashi answers the question to a good extent. 22:19And Abraham returned to his young men, and they arose and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham remained in Beersheba.

Rashi writes:

And Abraham remained in Beersheba: This does not mean permanently dwelling, for he was living in Hebron. Twelve years prior to the binding of Isaac, he left Beer-sheba and went to Hebron, as it is said (above 21:34): “And Abraham dwelt in the land of the Philistines for many days,” [meaning] more numerous than the first [years] in Hebron, which were twenty-six years, as we explained above. — [from Seder Olam ch. 1]

 

3 And Abraham rose up from before his dead, and spoke unto the children of Heth, saying: 4 'I am a stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a burying-place with you, that I may bury my dead out of my sight.' 

 

He was wealthy and known as a great and brave warrior after defeating the kings and freeing the captors from Sdom.

 

5 And the children of Heth answered Abraham, saying unto him: 6 'Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us; in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.' 

 

You can bury anywhere in any sepulchre. (And apparently for free as Sara had a reputation of being a saint and would attract holiness and prayers for their dead).

 

7 And Abraham rose up, and bowed down to the people of the land, even to the children of Heth. 8 And he spoke with them, saying: 'If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight, hear me, and entreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar, 9 that he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field; for the full price let him give it to me in the midst of you for a possession of a burying-place.' 10 Now Ephron was sitting in the midst of the children of Heth; and Ephron the Hittite answered Abraham in the hearing of the children of Heth, even of all that went in at the gate of his city, saying: 11 'Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee; bury thy dead.' 

 

Ephron is giving this as an apparent gift. This may be so or just an opening for negotiations.

 

12 And Abraham bowed down before the people of the land. 13 And he spoke unto Ephron in the hearing of the people of the land, saying: 'But if thou wilt, I pray thee, hear me: I will give the price of the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.' 14 And Ephron answered Abraham, saying unto him: 

 

Avraham wants to purchase this outright. Either he had prophecy that in the future the land would be disputed for his children or to be his for perpetuity. (Yacov did this in Schem and David on Har HaBeis but when conquered there was no future dispute.)

 

15 'My lord, hearken unto me: a piece of land worth four hundred shekels of silver, what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.' 

 

This was a fantastic amount of money then. Perhaps 10 or 20 years of harvesting or 1000 times its worth. He did not want to get this amount it was only a bargaining chip.

 

16 And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the hearing of the children of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant. 17 So the field of Ephron, which was in Machpelah, which was before Mamre, the field, and the cave which was therein, and all the trees that were in the field, that were in all the border thereof round about, were made sure.

 

We learn from here that they had tree nursey’s back then and Avraham planted the trees as field markers.

 

18 unto Abraham for a possession in the presence of the children of Heth, before all that went in at the gate of his city. 19 And after this, Abraham buried Sarah his wife in the cave of the field of Machpelah before Mamre--the same is Hebron--in the land of Canaan. 20 And the field, and the cave that is therein, were made sure unto Abraham for a possession of a burying-place by the children of Heth. 

 

The Hittites were an empire in his time and therefore Avraham had backing by buying there.

 

24:1 And Abraham was old, well stricken in age; and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things. 2 And Abraham said unto his servant, the elder of his house, that ruled over all that he had: 'Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh. 

 

The tradition is that Avraham was 140years old at this time.

 

3 And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife for my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell. 4 But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife for my son, even for Isaac.' 

 

I am looking for Yichus (pedigree of family). Eliezer supposedly had daughters whom he could have suggested but since they must come from Haran or a similar area.

 

5 And the servant said unto him: 'Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land; must I needs bring thy son back unto the land from whence thou came?' 6 And Abraham said unto him: 'Beware thou that thou bring not my son back thither. 

 

First possibility: This is a land that threw me into a furnace and my brother, Haran died because of it. Nimrod still rules. G-D told me to leave this place.

Second Possibility and the thought of most of our Sages: Yitzchak, the perfect Korban, cannot leave Israel after he was tied on the Altar.

 

7 The LORD, the God of heaven, who took me from my father's house, and from the land of my nativity, and who spoke unto me, and who swore unto me, saying: Unto thy seed will I give this land; He will send His angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife for my son from thence. 

 

HASHEM shall send his Angel before you to guide and help you. After all, twice Hagar was helped by an Angel. Once in her pregnancy and then when Yishmael was sent away and had no water.

 

8 And if the woman be not willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath; only thou shalt not bring my son back thither.' 

 

If no woman will come here then you shall be relieved of your vow but put in your best effort.

 

9 And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and swore to him concerning this matter. 

 

He swore by his Bris Kodesh holding on.

 

10 And the servant took ten camels, of the camels of his master, and departed; having all goodly things of his master's in his hand; and he arose, and went to Aram-naharaim, unto the city of Nahor. 11 And he made the camels to kneel down without the city by the well of water at the time of evening, the time that women go out to draw water. 

 

One could not take the water of a well in a town without permission. [This well is private to the citizens of the town.]

 

We will return to the Shidduch of Yitzchak and Rivka next week. …

 

… 25:1  And Abraham took another wife, and her name was Keturah. 2 And she bore him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. 3 And Jokshan begot Sheba, and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim. 4 And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the children of Keturah. 5 And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac. 6 But unto the sons of the concubines, that Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts; and he sent them away from Isaac his son, while he yet lived, eastward, unto the east country. 7 And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life which he lived, a hundred threescore and fifteen years. 

 

He gave them an education in astrology, astronomy, and other knowledge and purity and they became Brahmans.

 

8 And Abraham expired, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people. 9 And Isaac and Ishmael his sons buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre; 

 

The brothers did keep correspondence unlike Yacov and Esav and Yishmael must have visited on some regular basis his father.

 

10 the field which Abraham purchased of the children of Heth; there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife. 11 And it came to pass after the death of Abraham, that God blessed Isaac his son; and Isaac dwelt by Beer-lahai-roi. 

 

The well was discovered by Hagar via the Angel and Yishmael grew up here. Another proof of the friendly relations between the brothers. Now the end of the first generation of fathers and mothers comes to an end.

 

12 Now these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bore unto Abraham. 13 And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the first-born of Ishmael, Nebaioth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, 14 and Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa; 15 Hadad, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedem; 16 these are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their villages, and by their encampments; twelve princes according to their nations. 17 And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, a hundred and thirty and seven years; and he expired and died; and was gathered unto his people. 18 And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur that is before Egypt, as thou go toward Asshur: over against all his brethren he did settle.

 

 

All these names are given in mention of a daughter/granddaughter that will marry Esav.

 

 

Sdom in our times: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/un-draft-proposal-classifies-resistance-to-lgbt-lifestyles-as-a-crime-against-humanity/

 

When the previous Pittsburgher Rebbe TzZal was 16 plus we had a “Dutch Uncle Conversation” the only thing he asked me was this Myth based on clothes-line wash women chatter. https://aish.com/myth-religious-jews-have-sex-through-a-hole-in-a-sheet/

 

 

What is the Jewish View if Thanksgiving?

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/do-jews-celebrate-thanksgiving

 

 

Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated at the end of the harvest season to give thanks and blessings to god. While it is celebrated in Canada as well as a number of other countries, Thanksgiving is primarily an American holiday that occurs on the last Thursday of November.

While not an inherently religious holiday, Thanksgiving celebration has caused debate within the Jewish community and illuminates the delicate balance that American Jews hold between their Jewish and American identities.

The first Thanksgiving - attended by 90 native Americans and 50 English Pilgrim settlers - was held in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1621. That first Thanksgiving mirrored ancient harvest feasts such as the Jewish holiday of Sukkot, the ancient Greek Thesmophorian celebration and the ancient Roman Cerealian rites.

This Thanksgiving day, however, was not an annual event and did not become an American ritual for more than 200 years when President George Washington announced that November 26, 1789, would be a day of thanksgiving and prayer to mark the adoption of the U.S. Constitutions and the establishment of a new government. Even then, Thanksgiving was a one-time deal. It was not until 1863, in the midst of the American Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national holiday for the last Thursday of each November as a "day of thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father."

In 1868, in response to a proclamation to celebrate Thanksgiving issued by Pennsylvania Governor John W. Geary that was viewed as "apparently intended to exclude Israelites" from the celebration, Philadelphia’s rabbis condemned the encroachment on the freedom of religion and expressed the sentiment that national holidays should be devoid of religious content.

As decades have passed, Thanksgiving has retained ever less of its original English Pilgrim origins and most American Jews have absorbed the holiday into their own traditions.

Unlike other celebrations, such as HalloweenHalacha does not prohibit Jewish participation in Thanksgiving because the holiday has secular, not religious origins and undertones. Jews are forbidden by the Torah to partake in "gentile customs," a prohibition derived from Leviticus 18:3, but most do not consider Thanksgiving to fall in this category.

PS in previous years I brought down that Thanksgiving was originally celebrated in Oct. It was Pres. Lincoln who brought it to Nov.

 

Proof of the existence of G-D. 

https://aish.com/how-the-greatest-mathematical-mind-of-the-20th-century-proved-the-existence-of-god/

 

 

Remember: The Soul Never Dies by Rabbi Simon Jacobson


Modern physics has taught us that no substance truly disappears, that it only changes form. A tree, for instance, might be cut down and used to build a house, or a table, or a chair. And when that same wood is burned in a furnace, it again changes form, becoming an energy that gives off heat and gas. The tree, the chair, and the fire are all merely different forms of the same substance. If this is the case with a material substance, it is even more so with a spiritual substance. The spiritual life-force in man, the soul, never disappears; upon death, it simply changes from one form to another, higher form.

While death represents the soul’s elevation to a higher level, it nevertheless remains a painful experience for the survivors, who cannot feel the soul’s continued journey, and therefore grieve and mourn over their loss of connection. At the same time, it must serve — as must all experiences in life — as a lesson. We must see death not as a negative force, but as an opportunity for growth.

 

If you like this you might want to read Sara Yocheved Rigler https://aish.com/what-happens-after-you-die/

 

 

How I ended up marrying my childhood friend by Dassi Berkowitz

https://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/5684236/jewish/How-I-Ended-Up-Marrying-My-Childhood-Friend.htm

 

 

After I graduated from high school, things didn’t go the way I planned. As a perfectionist, I had a strong vision of how my life would turn out, and it disappointed and frequently frustrated me that so many things didn’t pan out the way I intended.

 

I started dating for marriage when I was pretty young. I dated “Yaakov,” someone I really liked. “This is it!” I thought. I already had my future mapped out as I was envisioning the exciting things coming next. This was the happy ending, almost like compensation for everything that hadn’t gone my way in the past year. But ultimately, that didn’t pan out either. My life once again turned, and it was not where I wanted it to go—or so it seemed. I was deeply disappointed; it was so hard.

 

Over the next few years, a string of challenges came my way. I was suddenly forced to face myself in many areas. See, as a perfectionist, I thought that I had life down pat. Work hard, get good grades, and you’ll do well. But in real life, it was different. As much as I tried, it wasn’t always up to me. The circumstances I faced weren’t things I could control. Like the fact that my college program was canceled or that I couldn’t find the job I wanted. You get the picture.

 

Looking back, I see that G‑d had a different plan, and it was all perfectly designed.

 

Over the course of those years, I was dating as well. Most of the men I went out with were clearly not for me. It was frustrating. “All I need is one,” I’d tell people. But in the back of my mind, it was hard to believe that would happen.

 

A few years later, “Yaakov” (the first guy I had dated) had an idea for me. “Yaakov says you know him,” I was told. “Who do I know?” I asked. But of course, I knew Avigdor Schiffman! See, Avigdor was a childhood friend of mine; our moms were good friends, we grew up together, we climbed trees together! We had first met when we were a few months old.

 

When I was 8, we lost touch, as my family moved to Israel while Avigdor remained in the United States and grew up there. Years later, he ultimately made aliyah.

 

While studying in yeshivah, Avigdor met Yaakov, who worked there as a student mentor. Without knowing we had known each other years ago, Yaakov thought it would be a great idea for me and Avigdor to meet.

 

Right away, I knew I had to go out with Avigdor, if only to meet him again. It was too fascinating.

 

A few weeks later, Avigdor and I were engaged. It was a surprisingly smooth process—something that almost didn’t make sense to me since I was so used to things being more difficult. But nothing was random: me dating the first guy years ago, everything else that did or did not work out … G‑d clearly had this planned out.

 

Interestingly, the last Purim I spent in the United States as a young child, I “happened” to dress up as a bride. That same year, Avigdor dressed up as a gentleman. Someone snapped the shot of the “bride and groom.” Years later, the picture took on a whole new meaning.

 

Why did no one else think of (re)introducing us? People kept on asking me that. Here’s the thing though: It wouldn’t have worked out a few years back. The many obstacles and challenges that I had to go through shaped me into who I am today. The person I was then is not the person I am now. Guess what? Avigdor changed as well! If we had met a few years (or even a few months) earlier, it would not have resulted in our marriage. G‑d has our storyline planned to perfection.

 

My father passed away a few months before I met Avigdor. Aside from the grief of losing a parent, I had been disappointed that my father would never meet my future husband.

 

But a few years ago, my father was at Yaakov’s wedding, who was part of our community. Avigdor was there as well, and they recognized each other from years before. They schmoozed for quite a while. My father came back home and told my mother how he had met Avigdor and spoken to him at length. He said he was very impressed with him. To me, this now means the world. My father met Avigdor as an adult and approved of him—something I had thought would be impossible now that my father is no longer with us. Avigdor got to meet my father as well, and they connected. I can’t describe how special my father was, but now Avigdor knows.

 

See, G‑d arranged that as well. It is all part of a bigger plan. We don’t always see how it will work out in the moment, and sometimes, even years later, we still don’t know. But given this, whenever I now feel that something isn’t going my way or is challenging, I try to anchor into this to restore my faith. Nothing is random; G‑d has a plan for us all.

By Dassi Berkowitz

 

Dassi Berkowitz Schiffman is a life coach, and host of the Living Opportunity podcast. She lives in Jerusalem with her husband.

Art by Sefira Lightstone. Our in-house artist, she is an editorial illustrator who creates art to empower the Jewish collective online. Past clients have included the Forward, Mosaic Mag, and the Jewish Press. You can follow more of her work on her personal instagram account where she focuses on activism @sefiracreative.

More from Dassi Berkowitz  |  RSS

© Copyright, all rights reserved. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you comply with Chabad.org's copyright policy.

 

 

Does the soul ever die 29 minutes. Rabbi Simon Jacobson: https://www.meaningfullife.com/mlc-tv-channels/weekly-masterclass/

 

Milestone: Rabbi Yaakov David Tanenbaum, a Holocaust survivor and one of the founders of the town of Meron in northern Israel, has died at the age of 100. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362775

 

 

Inyanay Diyoma

 

 

A whole bunch of Ambulances passed by our closest traffic light a large accident on road 446.

 

Jihadi nabbed in daylight in Jenin. https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-nabs-wanted-islamic-jihad-member-in-daylight-raid-near-jenin/

 

 

Ukrainian FM west on way to joint victory. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukrainian-fm-says-west-on-way-to-joint-victory-over-russia-after-kherson-retaken/

 

Stolen Munitions Ramat HaGolan. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362677

 

An Orthodox Jewish man walking in Borough Park Brooklyn on Wednesday was assaulted by a gang of four men. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362676

 

N. Korea failed to hack Israeli Crypto but seems to have hacked $1B from FTX. https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ftx-unauthorized-transactions-crypto-reportedly-vanishes

 

PA voted for Fetterman but the crème de la crème was Tony Deluca (D) who came in dead first. https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/late-pa-state-rep-reelected/

 

Hurricane Nicole damage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHfm3VuZ6zY

 

Veteran Gladys Hughes, age 99, has an enduring message for all as the nation celebrates Veterans Day. https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/world-war-ii-veteran-gladys-hughes-message-nation

 

Ed-Op Benny Ganz lost another election. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bj0ei008bs

 

Political Left messaging failure led to collapse. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/by9hdi9hj

 

Kelly wins AZ Senate Race. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-democrats-one-seat-away-from-senate-control-after-arizona-win/

 

Trump files lawsuit for Executive Privilege. https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-files-suit-to-avoid-subpoena-from-house-panel-probing-us-capitol-riot/

 

Death toll in Iran rises to 326 rights groups demand accountability. https://www.timesofisrael.com/rights-groups-call-for-accountability-as-death-toll-in-iran-protests-rises-to-326/

 

Bid to scrap grandchild clause from law of return likely to fail. https://www.timesofisrael.com/bid-to-scrap-law-of-return-grandchild-clause-likely-to-fail-but-part-of-wider-fight/

 

Cholera detected in Yarmouk River. https://www.timesofisrael.com/cholera-found-in-northern-israel-reservoir-for-first-time-after-outbreak-in-syria/

 

The Israeli Supreme Court is elected by lawyers and judges and not by the people. It abolishes by will laws against illegal immigration allows terrorists supporters and parties to be Knesset Members. It has struck down every law that gives certain rights and benefits to Charedim and Religious People. Now is the chance for elected officials to over-come this once and for all. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362692

 

Amending the law of return to one parent Jewish and not one grandparent was priority for the Lubavitcher Rebbe. https://www.timesofisrael.com/chief-rabbi-urges-high-court-override-law-opportunity-to-amend-law-on-whos-a-jew/

 

Stubborn, this MK holding up a new government unlike Ben Gvir who weighs actions. https://www.timesofisrael.com/reports-coalition-talks-may-last-another-week-smotrich-now-unlikely-to-get-defense/

 

Ed-Op/news: I pull no punches whom I prefer for Israel, but the Democrats take the Senate. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362698

 

Passenger with box cutter has flight diverted. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362695

 

Shas has not been able to decide which portfolios. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362697

 

Even Dating show in Israel based on What’s App. (review too boring for pre-internet viewers) https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-israel-everything-is-via-whatsapp-even-a-reality-tv-dating-show/

 

Arab crime and violence continues. https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-seriously-hurt-in-north-3-injured-in-south-amid-crime-wave-in-arab-community/

 

Light aircraft crashes into B17 in Dallas Veteran’s day show. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362693

 

Section of Challenger Shuttle found on Ocean Floor. https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/2137338/section-of-destroyed-shuttle-challenger-found-on-ocean-floor.html

 

Listeria found in Deli Products. https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/2137296/1-dead-over-a-dozen-sick-from-outbreak-tied-to-deli-meat.html

 

Christian Monastery found in UAE. https://www.timesofisrael.com/sands-of-time-christian-monastery-possibly-pre-dating-islam-found-in-uae-dunes/

 

Man who inspired the movie “The Terminal” returns to airport dies or a heart attack. https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-who-inspired-spielbergs-the-terminal-dies-at-airport-where-he-lived-18-years/

 

An Iranian archer denied on Saturday that she had shown solidarity with  nationwide anti-regime protests when her hijab fell from her head at an awards ceremony in Tehran, claiming the covering had slipped due to “wind and a lot of stress.” https://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-archer-denies-support-for-protests-after-hijab-slips-off-at-ceremony/

 

From M.B. https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/breaking-news-ukraine-military-aid-from-usa-was-invested-in-crypto-ftx-by-ukraine

 

N. Egypt 21dead in bus accident in Nile Fall. https://www.aol.com/news/bus-falls-canal-egypts-nile-152827570.html

 

US immigration failure. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-immigration-official-resigns-being-ordered-quit-fired

 

Ed-Op People are worried about Ithamar Ben Gvir but he is a thinker puts on a good play but is reasonable. The Messianic Fanatic is Smotrich with his demands and as stubborn and obstinate. Weigh carefully and watch what happens.

 

Syrian Strike: https://www.timesofisrael.com/syria-claims-israeli-airstrike-hits-airbase-near-homs/

 

Ramming attack – Shachid Driver. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362763

 

Mentally ill man attacking another shot dead by soldier. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362761

 

Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Sunday night that the terrorist who left the bomb that exploded on a busy street in Istanbul, killing six people, has been detained. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362747

 

Ed-Op American Jews time to think about getting out. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362754

 

NYPD arrests Antisemite. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/13/nypd-arrests-men-who-shot-brooklyn-jews-with-gel-gun/

 

Israel readies defense in Hague. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/13/israel-to-ready-diplomatic-response-to-palestinian-resolution-at-un-as-lapid-warns-about-its-ramifications/

 

85year old Rabbi accused of Rape 2 to 4 decades ago. https://www.timesofisrael.com/police-launch-investigation-of-rabbi-zvi-tau-after-second-woman-accuses-him-of-rape/

 

Jewish antisemitic host suspended from Israel Radio. https://www.timesofisrael.com/radio-host-suspended-for-saying-he-hopes-haredi-mks-hang-themselves-with-tefillin/

 

Polish Antisemitism in a country with next to no Jews. https://www.timesofisrael.com/polish-independence-day-march-features-nazi-symbol-calls-to-burn-jews/

 

Best for the poor and blue collar workers. The former chairwoman of the Labor Party, Shelly Yechimovich, expressed hope on Sunday that Shas chairman Aryeh Deri will step into the shoes of Finance Minister Avigdor Liberman. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362743

 

Abbas must deal with Netanyahu. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/h1mbgvkus

 

Removing plastics and glass: Israel is blazing forward with a plan to protect sections of its 118-mile coastline. https://www.ynetnews.com/environment/article/bk1mvpjlj

 

Movies added to his sickness until he tried to kill his sister. https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-suspected-of-trying-to-murder-his-sister-so-he-could-have-sex-with-her-corpse/

 

Miracle alert Israeli filmed next to bomber in Turkey. https://www.timesofisrael.com/saved-by-a-miracle-israelis-describe-moment-of-deadly-istanbul-bomb-attack/

 

Netanyahu wants Ron Dermer for FM. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362769

 

Israeli Official meet with Oman’s FM. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362784

 

 

Mother and son die of natural causes. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362771

 

Drive-by hate crime in BKLYN. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362779

 

ID four students die in homicide. https://www.foxnews.com/us/four-university-idaho-found-dead-campus-believed-be-victims-homicide-university-president

 

More deaths road 90. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362783

 

Bedouin films self with military rifle shooting, gets arrested. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362682

 

Daf Yomi Yerushalayi starts again. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362780

 

Tnuva Dairy Prices to rise. https://www.timesofisrael.com/tnuva-announces-price-hikes-on-majority-of-unregulated-dairy-products/

 

Russian FM taken to hospital – denial. https://www.timesofisrael.com/russian-fm-lavrov-taken-to-hospital-with-heart-condition-on-arrival-at-g20/

 

Knesset to be sworn in today. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362815

 

Rabbis slam State Dept. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362814

 

Fire was known to man 780,000 ago. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362812

 

Blame Hobbs on the AZ voting system but she is going to be Gov. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362805

 

Republicans closer to a majority. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362810

 

IDF special service awards. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362799

 

Holder YM”S and the corrupted political wing of the FBI to probe Israel but no participation. https://www.timesofisrael.com/fbi-launching-probe-into-killing-of-palestinian-american-reporter-abu-akleh/

 

Tit for Tat on Ukraine. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-abstains-on-pro-ukraine-un-resolution-after-kyiv-backed-palestinian-measure/

 

Hospitalizations drop in last decade. https://www.timesofisrael.com/hospitalizations-in-israel-fell-by-22-over-a-decade-health-ministry-report-finds/

 

Taliban to go full Sharia. https://www.timesofisrael.com/taliban-leader-orders-full-enforcement-of-sharia-law-in-afghanistan/

 

Suspects released in Mafia hit of a boss. https://www.timesofisrael.com/court-releases-prime-suspects-in-hit-on-israeli-crime-boss-benny-shlomo/

 

Attack on road near Ariel, 2 Dead, 1 Critically injured and 3 others seriously injured. https://www.timesofisrael.com/3-seriously-wounded-in-stabbing-at-west-bank-industrial-zone-attacker-shot/

 

Women donates Kidney to Ex-Husband. Father of my children. https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/rjsulu0hj

 

Biden Pressures his favorite Banana Republic. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362892

 

Victims of Tuesday’s attack buried. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/15/michael-moti-and-tamir-victims-of-palestinian-terror-attack-identified-as-fathers-of-11-kids/

 

Smotrich’s stubbornness will bring about National Unity with the left without him. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362899

Ed-Op on stubbornness. https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-intolerant-unyielding-would-be-defense-minister/

 

Surprise Trump is running in 2024. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362862 https://rumble.com/v1tpcuc--watch-live-president-donald-j.-trump-makes-special-announcement-at-mar-a-l.html

 

Rep. Kevin McCarthy to be House Speaker. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362855

 

Ivanka: "I love my father very much. This time around, I am choosing to prioritize my young children and the private life we are creating as a family. I do not plan to be involved in politics.” https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362868

 

Home of terrorist to be demolished. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362870

 

Polish President Andrzej Duda said late on Tuesday that Poland has no conclusive evidence showing who fired the missile. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no-concrete-evidence-who-fired-missile-polands-duda-says-2022-11-16/

 

F-22’s sent to Eastern Europe. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362877

 

Shaked community shot at. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362915

 

Iranian Drone attacks Israeli partially owned tanker. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362913

 

Anyone working in FBI investigation of Israel should be fired or impeached. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362856

 

A trail in Bethesda, Maryland was vandalized with “stomach churning” antisemitic graffiti for the second time in three months, according to officials. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362837

 

UN sanctions on mfg. of Iranian Drones. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/15/us-sanctions-iranian-manufacturer-of-kamikaze-drones-used-in-ukraine/

 

NYPD investigates antisemitic notes sent to Bronx Business. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/15/nypd-investigating-antisemitic-and-racist-notes-sent-to-bronx-businesses/

 

Pro-active against terror continues. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362852

 

Social Security and COL. https://www.aol.com/finance/6-shakeups-social-security-expected-142726793.html

 

Increasing number of death threats against Ben Gvir. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362912

 

Israeli Company on the way to diabetes cure. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362901

 

Ben Gurion U. allows PLO Flags but no memorial for Terror Victims. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362902

 

Eugenics and Genetically Engineered food. Canola Oil, Corn, grass etc. warning. https://www.timesofisrael.com/sperm-counts-worldwide-fell-by-62-in-under-50-years-israeli-led-study-finds/

 

Antisemitism is not a joking matter. https://www.timesofisrael.com/adl-chief-blasts-dave-chappelle-monologue-as-normalizing-antisemitism/

 

Romania passes law guaranteeing Kosher Slaughter. https://www.timesofisrael.com/romania-passes-landmark-law-guaranteeing-right-to-kosher-slaughter/

 

France and Italy sign a deal with Israel for future oil and gas by Lebanon. https://www.timesofisrael.com/french-italian-energy-firms-sign-deal-with-israel-on-gas-field-shared-with-lebanon/

 

El Al fined for not refunding Covid Tickets. https://www.timesofisrael.com/el-al-among-six-airlines-fined-by-us-for-too-long-delay-of-covid-ticket-refunds/

 

Stopping Cops. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/vehicle-strikes-group-of-los-angeles-sheriffs-recruits-during-morning-run/

 

After 50Years new moon rocket. https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-nasa-moon-rocket-carrying-israeli-experiment-lifts-off-50-years-after-apollo/

 

Man dies in Bat Yam Fire. https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-dies-in-bat-yam-apartment-fire/

 

Yair Netanyahu loses libel suit. https://www.timesofisrael.com/supreme-court-throws-out-yair-netanyahus-appeal-against-80000-libel-verdict/

 

New Settlements or recognizing Settlements. https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-agrees-to-ben-gvir-demand-to-partially-roll-back-disengagement/

 

Hundreds of relatives of terrorist lose work permits. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-revokes-entry-permits-from-hundreds-of-relatives-of-ariel-terrorist/

 

Antiquities raiders caught. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362951

 

Former US Amb. Thinks of more Avraham Accords. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362950

 

Bederman: Tucker Carlson edits interview with Kayne West. https://dianebederman.com/fake-news-whats-with-tucker-carlson-kanye-west-harley-pasternak-and-jew-hatred/

 

Israelis warned in World Cup hide nationality. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-warns-fans-going-to-world-cup-in-qatar-to-downplay-your-israeli-identity/

 

A host of Hollywood and sports celebrities including Larry David and Tom Brady were named as defendants in a class-action lawsuit against cryptocurrency exchange FTX, arguing that their celebrity status made them culpable for promoting the firm’s failed business model. https://www.timesofisrael.com/larry-david-tom-brady-other-celebrities-named-in-class-action-lawsuit-against-ftx/

 

South Africa arrests most wanted Israeli Mafia Figure. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/s1ugawxii

 

A plaza in Jerusalem’s Kiriat HaYovel neighborhood has been named after Aristides de Sousa Mendes, a Portuguese diplomat who saved thousands of lives during the Holocaust. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/b100ehl7lj

 

Israel-Iran Energy war. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hye6rwgli

 

 

Ron Dermer talks about the fallacy of US Admin on Iran. https://www.timesofisrael.com/dermer-said-to-be-top-pick-for-foreign-minister-heard-bashing-weak-biden-on-iran/

 

US pushes Oman for Israeli Commercial Airspace. https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-pushes-oman-to-follow-saudi-arabia-in-allowing-israeli-flights-to-use-airspace/

 

Carry Lake assembling legal team vs. Hobbs in AZ governor race. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/363009

 

The Likud has to come to its senses there is no government without Smotrich. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/363013

 

They get aid from us but… https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362999

 

21 dead in Gaza fire. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/363001

 

Londonstan. https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/11/17/pregnant-jewish-woman-verbally-abused-by-london-cab-driver/

 

A sword-wielding man walked into the New York Times building in Manhattan on Thursday and demanded to speak to “the politics section,” police said, according to a report in the New York Post. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/363005

 

OU satisfied with religious freedom protect on Gay Marriage Rights Bill. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362985

 

In a First Ambassador Niles pays a condolence call to terror victim’s family in Ariel. (Over the green line) https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362988

 

Pres. Herzog will visit Bahrain. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362979

 

Israel-Yarden Environmental Cooperation. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362975

 

The Israeli Navy, the Israel Ministry of Defense IMDO, and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems completed an advanced interception test of the C-Dome Naval Iron Dome System. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362983

 

Ed-Op time to give Religious Parties their due.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362977

 

Galaxies 100years earlier than thought. https://www.timesofisrael.com/webb-telescope-spies-likely-oldest-galaxies-ever-found-upending-cosmic-timeline/

 

Undercover troops apprehend Jihadi. https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-west-bank-undercover-troops-nab-islamic-jihad-man-accused-of-planning-attacks/

 

Arab son murders his mother. https://www.timesofisrael.com/woman-found-dead-in-her-apartment-in-the-north-son-arrested/

 

Re-evaluating Beirut Blast from ’82. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-reopens-probe-into-deadly-1982-blast-at-army-headquarters-during-lebanon-war/

 

Where are the terrorist getting their illegal M-16’s? https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-722721

 

General Miley says that invading Taiwan would be difficult for China. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-722741

 

Russia failed to meet strategic goals. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-722656

 

Iran is worried that several recent incidents in the country point to a growing chance that the two-month-old protests are becoming dangerously violent. Khomeini’s house set ablaze. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-722640

 

Most massive Gamma Ray Burst ever recorded. https://www.jpost.com/science/article-722743

 

 

Have a healthy, pleasant and peaceful Shabbos.

Rachamim Pauli